Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WW2 US Officer visor cap

Article about: Nothing too spectacular, but a nice near mint example of the standard US officer visor cap, this one has the faint maker stamp of 'Keystone' on the liner.... Bob

?

You are acquiring these US caps at a good time. Plenty to choose from in very good condition and inexpensive prices. Reminds me of the late 60s and 70s with German and Japanese stuff. I miss $30.00 German helmets and $100.00 signed koto Japanese Samurai swords struggling with Hawley's Japanese Sword books to try to translate ancient Japanese kanji.
    I am happy with what I have acquired through the years. Nothing spectacular. But
    I have let some really good items slip through my hands though. $hit happens.

It seems that there is a bit of nice US WW2 gear floating about locally, a friend of mine dropped around last night with
    a bit of stuff he picked up here in Melbourne, I took a couple of photos of some of his headgear for a bit of 'show and tell'...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB US collection 006.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	876780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB US collection 007.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	876781  

However, this little gem took my breath away, apparently directly from the young kid who picked it up in Czechoslovakia just after the war...
    (it was late, so I did the photos with the flash, so colours are a bit distorted).

Yeah I know it ain't cloth, but thought I would throw it in here anyway, to show just a small portion of what my friend picked up

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB US collection 020.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	876782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB US collection 019.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	876783  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB US collection 017.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	876784  

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    It seems that there is a bit of nice US WW2 gear floating about locally, a friend of mine dropped around last night with
    a bit of stuff he picked up here in Melbourne, I took a couple of photos of some of his headgear for a bit of 'show and tell'...

Bob
    You're Mate was lucky to grab those caps my Mate Ashley (you may know him?) would have snapped them up!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    You're Mate was lucky to grab those caps my Mate Ashley (you may know him?) would have snapped them up!
    Last name 'McClelland' ?? If so, I bumped into him over at Garry's shop recently

Cheers

Bob

Yep that's him

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Yep that's him

I have known him for a lot of years, lost contact when I got posted up north. Pass on to him that Garry has just picked up a heap of WW2 US stuff as of about two days back...

Cheers

Bob

Just told him as he was here just now! but Garry is pricey!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12