Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap

Article about: Evening gentlemen, this is not my usual area of collecting but I have always wanted a REAL OFFICERS CRUSHER from WW2 as I live in the 8th Air Forces "back yard" of Norfolk England.

Default WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap

Evening gentlemen, this is not my usual area of collecting but I have always wanted a REAL OFFICERS CRUSHER from WW2 as I live in the 8th Air Forces "back yard" of Norfolk England. This one really looks 100% correct to me and not one of those caps that has had the stiffener removed to give it the "look". This could just well be the start of getting together a full "flyer's" uniform over time, so I wanted to get a quality piece to begin with! If I have made a serious error with this one, please correct me! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap   WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  

Attached Images Attached Images WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap 

Hi Leon, you made made a good purchase. Just the job.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Excellent Leon.

Look like a beautiful private purchase hat.

Here is a little info on the maker. An old company that went out of business in the 1960's. Apparently all American presidents in the 1900's wore a Knox up till JFK.

Regards

Michael

Knox New York Hat Company - Bernard Hats

Knox Hat Company History
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Leon, you made made a good purchase. Just the job.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade, I was hoping for a "thumbs up" from an experienced collector as these "crushers" are not my "expertise". The overall look of the piece, the seller (bombphoons museums) and a beer(or two) gave me that "stupid" confidence to buy before I posted (not something I would normally recommend). Leon.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Excellent Leon.

Look like a beautiful private purchase hat.

Here is a little info on the maker. An old company that went out of business in the 1960's. Apparently all American presidents in the 1900's wore a Knox up till JFK.

Regards

Michael

Knox New York Hat Company - Bernard Hats

Knox Hat Company History

Hi Michael, thank you for that additional information, most appreciated. I guess I can add some serious dollars onto the value of this one if I can say a US president wore it! (only joking) Cheers, Leon.

MAP
    ?

Unfortunately the only president that i know that was a pilot during the war was George Bush (the 1st) but he was in the Navy......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Unfortunately the only president that i know that was a pilot during the war was George Bush (the 1st) but he was in the Navy......

Evening gents, the "crusher" has arrived and it's a beauty, as floppy as a half melted cheese square! I have ordered some nice HS-33 "phones" to display with it from the US, so as and when they arrive I will post a picture of the finished display. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap   WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  

WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap   WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  

WW2 USAAF "crusher" cap  

?

A very nice, true, crush cap. You did very well buddy.

?

Excellent looking Crusher
    It looks like your headset has the correct PL 354 plug that's another
    Now all you need is to get yourself a throat mic and that set up will be awesome.
    Congrat Leon

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast