Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wwii glengarrys

Article about: HI Guys Something I noticed that was missing in the cloth head dress thread !! The humble schotish glengarry!!! why not show yours here !! Annoyed from this ads?   steve

?

Default Wwii glengarrys

HI Guys
    Something I noticed that was missing in the cloth head dress thread !!
    The humble Scottish glengarry!!! why not show yours here !!
    Steve
    Wwii glengarrysWwii glengarrysWwii glengarrysWwii glengarrys
    Above is a nice undated Gordon highlanders warrant officers example with a solid badge which has a horizontal pin to the rear dates from WWII period no markings .
    Wwii glengarrysWwii glengarrys
    Wwii glengarrys
    Above a 1939 dated London Scottish ( 14th London Regt ) This has a silver plated badge to the front it has a horizontal pin to the rear no makers makers to the badge THE WD stamp is a R
    Wwii glengarrys
    Above is a nice 1939 dated Cameron's example made by JAL POLEX LTD , I t has a heavy cast other ranks badge to the front with east and west lugs to the rear and a old home made steel pin . A Interesting bit to note is his thumb print to the front of the badge .
    Last edited by ASR142; 10-03-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Nice bonnets in fabulous condition.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Very nice glengarry's Steve. As I am sure you know, these can be hard to date accurately, I have a few most of which are circa WWII, though could be 20 or so years earlier or later. If you have any tips on dating them more accurately that would be great to see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wwii glengarrys   Wwii glengarrys  

Wwii glengarrys  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

And the interior markings, sorry for the crappy pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wwii glengarrys   Wwii glengarrys  

Wwii glengarrys  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Very nice glengarry's Steve. As I am sure you know, these can be hard to date accurately, I have a few most of which are circa WWII, though could be 20 or so years earlier or later. If you have any tips on dating them more accurately that would be great to see.
    Hi Jerry
    Dating these is an art form in its self often WWI ones have leather bands how ever this was continued into the late 20's and these all would have had have WD stamps paper labels etc , when you see a arrow ( /l\ ) and a 4 digit number below it this is part of the NATO stock number / stores ref number. Then you have to look at the materials used IE ribbon could be made of silk , cotton and rayon .
    The best one out of your three i would say is the Cameroons example which if the pics below are in the right order has a WD stamp to it . hope this helps steve

Thanks Steve. I have taken new pics and labelled them to make it obvious which is which. The A&SH has the WD mark, the cams has just the numbers from a worn WD mark? and has a oiley liner, the light infantry (with a replaced incorrect period badge) is WD marked and dated 1967?

Wwii glengarrys  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Thanks Steve. I have taken new pics and labelled them to make it obvious which is which. The A&SH has the WD mark, the cams has just the numbers from a worn WD mark? and has a oiley liner, the light infantry (with a replaced incorrect period badge) is WD marked and dated 1967?
    Hi Jerry
    The cams is the oldest by fare and most likely a war time example very nice item regards steve