Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Manchester Regiment Officer's Service Dress Cap

Article about: A recent acquisition of mine, a very tidy and nice khaki Officer's Service Dress Cap to the Manchester Regiment. Overall fantastic condition for it's age, not even any minor damage or staini

Default WWII Manchester Regiment Officer's Service Dress Cap

A recent acquisition of mine, a very tidy and nice khaki Officer's Service Dress Cap to the Manchester Regiment. Overall fantastic condition for it's age, not even any minor damage or staining. Leather chinstrap in fantastic condition, and above that a fleur de lis badge, which was the cap badge that the Manchesters used during WWII. Badge in great condition and looks great, really stands out on the cap. King's crown GS buttons to each side. To the interior maker's label (Rowan's), not named or dated but WWII period. Overall a very well kept piece and a great addition to my collection, hopefully I'll find a field service cap to the Manchesters to display with this eventually. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day.

Best regards,

-Jamie

Attachment 1169125Attachment 1169126Attachment 1169127

Any chance of seeing inside it? Badge looks niceky settled into tha fabric, always a good sign when officers caps dont have regimental buttons Jamie.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes Jerry I will post pictures of the interior shortly. The cap does have a nicely fit badge.

Attachment 1175992
    Attachment 1175994

Interior of the SD Cap, manufactured by Rowan's Glasgow and Birmingham. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

-Jamie

Certainly looks WWII with that interior, nice cap. Not a maker I have heard of.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you for your insight and comment, Jerry, it is much appreciated. Rowan's is not a maker I had heard of prior to obtaining this cap either, perhaps it was a smaller business.

Best regards,

-Jamie

?

Very nice tidy cap. I have seen other SD caps made Rowans. One of the lesser encountered makes, especially compared to Moss Bro, Thomas Stone, Herbert Johnson etc.

Thank you Ocad for your kind comment.