Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Welch Regiment Senior Officer's Service Dress Cap

Article about: Hello everyone, I collect to mainly the Scottish regiments, however I saw this and I had to add it to my collection. I need some clarification, but I believe this is a Service Dress Cap to a

Default WWII Welch Regiment Senior Officer's Service Dress Cap

Hello everyone,

I collect to mainly the Scottish regiments, however I saw this and I had to add it to my collection. I need some clarification, but I believe this is a Service Dress Cap to an Officer (or perhaps even Senior Officer) of the Welch Regiment? To the front of the cap is a Welch Regiment badge? I'm not sure what period this cap is to, I assume it's WWII but I think it could possibly be earlier, perhaps even as early as the early 20th century (it was listed as Boer War period but I'm not sure on that)? I posted this in the WWII section because I think this might be WWII, but I have no idea whatsoever.

It has a khaki cloth cover to the top of the cap. On the brim of the cap is golden designs, I'm not sure if that is to signify rank or not (I am not an expert on these caps, this is the first in my collection). I have a guess that this cap could be to a senior/staff officer, because of the golden designs on the brim and interesting buttons to the side of the cap (I'm not sure what those buttons are).

To the interior of the cap is the maker's label.

To me, it looks authentic and I think it's a good one, but I'm not an expert on these caps as I said.

If it's WWII period, to the Welch regiment, and of course seems authentic, I think cap will be a great addition to my collection, but I'd love some help from my fellow forum members to confirm the cap it to the Welch Regiment, what approximate period and perhaps even what rank depending on the designs on the brim. If anyone could assist me in a proper identification for this service dress cap, it would be much appreciated.

I think it is a nice looking service dress cap. Thank you for reading, and have a nice day.

Best regards,

-Jamie

WWII Welch Regiment Senior Officer's Service Dress CapWWII Welch Regiment Senior Officer's Service Dress CapWWII Welch Regiment Senior Officer's Service Dress CapWWII Welch Regiment Senior Officer's Service Dress CapWWII Welch Regiment Senior Officer's Service Dress CapWWII Welch Regiment Senior Officer's Service Dress CapWWII Welch Regiment Senior Officer's Service Dress CapWWII Welch Regiment Senior Officer's Service Dress Cap

I think it is for a deputy county lord Lieutenant of a Welsh county.

Very nice and I was told about it after it finished.

Mind you I am skint and have too many hats of which some will have to be sold anyway.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I think it is for a deputy county lord Lieutenant of a Welsh county.

Very nice and I was told about it after it finished.

Mind you I am skint and have too many hats of which some will have to be sold anyway.
    Hey Jerry,

Thanks for the help on this cap, I was hoping you'd know what it was as you have many side caps, service dress caps, etc. to Welsh Regiments, your collection is very nice. I've never had anything Lord Lieutenant related to any region of Great Britain, but this cap looks nice in my opinion so it will go nice in with my other headgear. Because it is to a deputy county Lord Lieutenant in a Welsh county, it makes it a little more special as until now I had nothing even Welsh region related in my collection, and I imagine this cap is somewhat rare. Many thanks again.

Best regards,

-Jamie

Jamie, it is a stunning cap and the cover adds to it as they are quite pricey in their own right. If I had seen it before it finished, I might have been unable to resist the urge to bid.

Not a common item and a real beauty IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

I should add that the cap covers are more common C. WWI or before.
    Regards,

Jerry

I should add that the cap covers are more common C. WWI or before.
    Yeah, common or not, and whatever the period, they look really nice on most SD caps and make them stand out.

I forgot to ask, do you have any idea what approximate period this might be from, Jerry?

Quote by BlackWatch1945 View Post
    Yeah, common or not, and whatever the period, they look really nice on most SD caps and make them stand out.

I forgot to ask, do you have any idea what approximate period this might be from, Jerry?
    The company probably moved to Sackville street after their premises were destroyed during WWII.

Their subsidiary shown below gives a bit of history.

http://www.meyerandmortimer.com/history/
    Regards,

Jerry

The company probably moved to Sackville street after their premises were destroyed during WWII.

Their subsidiary shown below gives a bit of history.

History
    Thanks Jerry,

So this would probably date to very late WWII - pre 1953 period, depending if it was actually after WWII they got back up again, or if they began their production again late WWII. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

-Jamie

?

Beautiful Welsh Deputy Lieutenant's Forage cap.

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Beautiful Welsh Deputy Lieutenant's Forage cap.
    Thank you for the kind words, Ocad, I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast