Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

10 K + Gray NCO SS Visor???

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN At that price, I would have some long thoughts about selling one of the two in my collection. Bob well if you like to sell one from yours i think i know a guy that can be inte

Default Re: 10 K + Gray NCO SS Visor???

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    At that price, I would have some long thoughts about selling one of the two in my collection.
    Bob well if you like to sell one from yours i think i know a guy that can be intersted in one,just let me know

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    At that price, I would have some long thoughts about selling one of the two in my collection.
    This is the key to your question; if you were to sell your Waffen SS caps, how much would you let them go for?

I would be willing to wager that the fellow who asks $10K plus for his cap truly does not expect it to fly off the site instantly . . . as most have already mentioned, this person is just waiting around for that one particular fellow who feels that $10K is a good price.

The fellow selling the cap is much more interested in maximizing his return, not necessarily making an expedient sale . . .

If you stop and think about it, I'm sure you have a price that you would accept for almost EVERY ITEM in your collection . . . but I bet it's not a price that you would expect to make a sale with. So why not attempt to make a sale? If your item sells, you certainly won't be disappointed . .

Looking back on past decisions, I wish I had kept a couple of WSS Officer caps . . . I think I would advertise them on CG for $100K, and sit back and wait . . .

Brad

This ones been sitting on this site for quite some time at a fairly decent price, $9275. Is there something wrong with it?

Collect Russia Waffen SS Officer's visor cap. Soviet Russian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	826.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	40931  

Quote by Karl S. View Post
    This ones been sitting on this site for quite some time at a fairly decent price, $9275. Is there something wrong with it?

Collect Russia Waffen SS Officer's visor cap. Soviet Russian
    Supply and demand determines price. So does today's economy. Prices skyrocketed in the past years. Collectors who have the checkbook to afford such items likely now have what they want. Do they want more of the same? Likely not. I bought two very nice black other ranks visor caps from a well known dealer six years ago for $6000. within a year, all of the dealers were asking that or more for just one cap.
    I sold my friend a very nice officer cap for 4k seven or eight years ago. has it doubled in value ? at one time yes. today, I don't know. the cap on the site appears to be a fine original example.
    Very little high end material is moving quickly these days. The higher the price, the fewer the customers.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by besslein View Post
    realistic price in my opinion,try to find another one
    I have to agree...this is about as rare as it gets.

A lot of ss visors in fair condition are for sale now on various dealer websites. those which are priced over the expected range in this current economy, are mostly sitting there idle. I guess the market is saturated. If you want to sell that high price, then better give me a mint and standard issued piece please I will wait patiently for a minty vt visor/black allgemeine officer visor, no hurry to buy....

of course if I am super cash rich now, i would buy that VT visor in an instant, it came out from a canada advance collection, first time seeing it in this lining with "Vom Reichsfuhrer" label. That waffen ss officer visor on collectrussia seems nice though, its been on sale for long....

?

Hi Bob,
    Do your caps have the RF-SS label and RZM stamp under the visor?
    SS-VT caps are typically discernable from W-SS only by a subtle difference in the color of the cloth.
    I've never seen another for sale like the one on the Guild.
    I think the insignia may also be SP40.

As an addendum is this cap, which is not for sale, and I wish that I owned...its original owner was in the SSTV to boot.

I should imagine that it would fetch a very high price.
    The cap recently on the Whammond site is the only one of its type I have ever seen with all the marks of this type. I have seen later variants with the runes in the Muetzenboden, but not with the RFSS tag and the issue stamp.

This piece is a Mueller from the year 1937 or so. A very rare piece, indeed.

I shall leave to others the debate about prices.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSVT cap front.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	41014   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mueller interior SSVT cap.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	41015  

damit, basta.

This is a similar piece that I have seen myself. It does not have the tags, but must have at one point. The gold leaf runes are scarcely visible, but they are faintly present in this piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    damit, basta.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast