Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako

Article about: I've had this on my site for a little while, and up until yesterday I had no issues with it at all. But I've been told that Fredrich Becker was a post war manufacturer and pre war it was H B

Default 1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako

I've had this on my site for a little while, and up until yesterday I had no issues with it at all. But I've been told that Fredrich Becker was a post war manufacturer and pre war it was H Becker. Any truth in his? and does it look ok?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako   1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako  

1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako   1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako
    P
    Many

John

Friedrich Beker made Police headwear from the 1930s through to the 1950s/60s.

I saw an F Beker Tschako which could be termed as "transitional" in that it was the black shiny Tschako but with 3rd Reich plate on the front, this was before Himmler took control of all Polizei and the uniform green felt Tschako was to be universal.

One difference I have seen between war time Becker Tschakos and post war is that the manufacturer sticker inside is matte during the war and then post war it seems to be some sort of gloss material.

I'm by no means an expert on this, or anything really, but I have been reading up about them as it was on my want list (and as you know I now have a nice one).

Anyhew, my tuppence hath been spent.

John, I am sorry to say, the consensus is that the "Vupa" marked examples are all post WW2.

Here are some other postwar examples:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako   1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako  

1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako   1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako  

Attached Images Attached Images 1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is a pre-war/wartime Becker logo:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako  

Also, on TR Shakos you want to see the lug (arrow is pointed at it), which was used to attach the parade bush.
    (BRD Shakos did not use it)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Pattern Police “City” Tschako  

Thanks Chris & Jamie - I can't see the bother of going to all that trouble - I think I should give up altogether!!

Jamie - I've been doing this for 35 years - you've been doing it for much less - and you know more than me

OH well off to the bin

Turns out that I don't know enough coz it seems I was wrong lol.

Don't bin, it, give it to me :-)

Here is my example, with said "bush"

Here is a better photo of one of those lugs with the loop for the bush:

Interesting thread. Thanks for the info, I learned something new too so don't feel bad John.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Interesting thread. Thanks for the info, I learned something new too so don't feel bad John.

Cheers, Ade.
    Blimey Ade ..... The only reason I feel bad is coz my pocket gets lighter! I know there are many many "dealers" that would leave it on the shelve. It has now gone from my site. I may "break it up" At least I's get something back. LOL
    Thanks again Chris & Jamie.....Do all 3rd Reich Shakos have the lugs like that? Rural and city?

Interesting information - somethings are just not on the internet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast