Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd pattern pith

Article about: Hi gents, any opinions on this 2nd pattern (I think) pith please? Many thanks Jay.

Default 2nd pattern pith

Hi gents, any opinions on this 2nd pattern (I think) pith please?
    Many thanks
    Jay.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2nd pattern pith  2nd pattern pith  2nd pattern pith  2nd pattern pith 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd pattern pith
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 2nd pattern pith

Definite 2nd pattern, maker marked JHS and looks to be authentic. Do you have any closeups of the shields?

By the way, based on previous posts, I don't believe these helmets are being faked; the shields on the otherhand is where you have to be careful...

Hi Eric thanks for the reply. At the min thats the only pic's I have but I'll try n get some more.... Cheers
    Jay

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Definite 2nd pattern, maker marked JHS and looks to be authentic. Do you have any closeups of the shields?

By the way, based on previous posts, I don't believe these helmets are being faked; the shields on the otherhand is where you have to be careful...
    Yes, a 2nd pattern by the most commonly seen maker of these. These are usually fairly cheaply priced and the copies are not that good, but the shields need a closer look, as the copies are not one lookers from the front -unless you know about them, though if they have a dimpled surface, rather than a pimpled one, they are fakes-, though from behind they are often spotted by the use of thick brass pins with soft solder utilysed to mount them.

Thanks,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry I'll look out for that Jay