MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze

Article about: The shape of the cap does not me feel better, even if I look at the details

Default re: Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze

Nice cap Anders.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze
    P
    Many

?

I know I'm just one of many here enjoying the suspiciously familiar, tirelessly thoughtful, even drolly amusing perspectives of Mr. F-B.

thanks for your customary care and attention. tho curs'd devils lurk in details - so do angels.

'wiederhoeren!

david

The First cap in this thread is a fake
    sorry
    Sebastien.

Here is another of this type from the Shea files.... this one had a grey interior and a grey paper band....

If I can find the images of the inside, I shall post them. My computer makes huge piles of images and I am too stupid to make sensible files, even though I know the Library of Congress system.

Just for laughs look at the crown piping in the very first image posted by my Moravian friend and this last image and its crown piping.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze  
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-26-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Quote by vady View Post
    I know I'm just one of many here enjoying the suspiciously familiar, tirelessly thoughtful, even drolly amusing perspectives of Mr. F-B.

thanks for your customary care and attention. tho curs'd devils lurk in details - so do angels.

'wiederhoeren!

david
    Dear Sir, thank you. I do appreciate your comment on the angels in the details. I could not have put it better. And, we also salute our Swedish friend's cap with its look of the ages. your FB Auerbach

Here is how these things often come to us (...but not me but to an acquaintance...), in a state of disrepair which I think is fairly honest, granted how many loose cap badges are hereabouts...

The cap cover on this piece is indeed Muetzentrikot....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-26-2008 at 08:39 PM.

This is a cap with a grey interior. The Shea piece I posted today had a similar interior. These caps are cheaply made and flimsy, but the fakers cannot properly imitate the flimsy quality of these. They are very rare. I realize that these images are not the very best, but they are authentic pieces from a sound dealer.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-26-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Another example.

If one can generalize, pre-war army Tellermuetzen are more nicely made than these war time grey SS other ranks and Unterfuehrer caps.

But such a generalization reflects my own warped taste.

Happy collecting.

Once more to my Moravian colleague, your search for such an authentic item of this kind shall lead you to the more prestige websites.

I am sure that many of the enduring examples of this cap in CZ and SK were either destroyed a long time ago, or are locked up in collections.

The Barandov treasures were one place to find these along the Moldau and Danube, but I have the impression that there were more officers' peaked caps than for other ranks in grey. There were also black enlisted caps there, too, reflecting the Kammerexemplare of these.

Greetings to Moravia and Sweden.

Quote by JMB View Post
    Nice cap Anders.
    Thanks John, I'm glad you like it.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    And, we also salute our Swedish friend's cap with its look of the ages. your FB Auerbach
    Thank you (again), Sir!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

If I can find the images of the inside, I shall post them. My computer makes huge piles of images and I am too stupid to make sensible files, even though I know the Library of Congress system.
    Here you are, Sir.
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze  Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze  Waffen-SS NCO? schirmutze 

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast