Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advanced Soft Headgear Collection Stolen

Article about: All-- You probably have heard about this in other threads/forums, but I want to make sure it gets publicity here. The collection was owned by a friend of Wim's, Philippe Gillain in Belgium.

Default Advanced Soft Headgear Collection Stolen

All--
    You probably have heard about this in other threads/forums, but I want to make sure it gets publicity here. The collection was owned by a friend of Wim's, Philippe Gillain in Belgium.
    Many of the hats were used in Wims 5 volume series, "Headgear of Hitler's Germany."

The thieves were organized, and literally cleaned him out.

I would ask that everyone be on the lookout for these around the world (I have to believe they will wait a while, then start approaching individual collectors around the world, a la Pawel Nowak.

Here is an overview of the collection:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advanced Soft Headgear Collection Stolen  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advanced Soft Headgear Collection Stolen
    P
    Many

Police heagear:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advanced Soft Headgear Collection Stolen  

SA Kepis:

As I understand it, Wim is putting together a compendium of the hats, but in the meantime, please be on the lookout for any rare hats that suddenly pop up on the market.

Absolutely terrible, I hope the hats are found and returned. Such an amazing collection, its a shame for it to be broken up, let alone stolen.

I hate thieves........ I would have no problem putting a bullet in their skulls. It is sad to see an amaizing collection like the one above to be ravaged by some a-holes. I bet the collection was stolen upon request of some wanna be collector that never took any iniciative or put any work into looking for an artifact. Just an easy way out....steal sombodys collection that took decades to put together. I hope that thieves will be caught and executed on spot, or at least got their hands cut off.

Cruel but fair

I will make a thread, as when mr. Gillain allowes me to do so.
    Maybe I will speak to him today. Most collectors have no idea
    about the quality and enormous size of the collection.

Further I must see for me when time permits, as I have some
    health-problems and was under cordonary care yesterday!

Quote: Further I must see for me when time permits, as I have some
    health-problems and was under cordonary care yesterday!

Wim I hope you get to feeling better! Take care of that ticker my friend! Get well soon.

Brian

I hope that the thieves are caught swiftly and the collection is back with their rightful owner, quickly, and the guilty parties punished severely.

Wim: hope all is well and you are OK.
    "Per Ardua"

What is "normal" protocol or procedure should one happen upon an item he thinks is from this collection ? Who do you notify...where do you report it ?

Would have to be reported discretely, if not the thief/seller will pack up & run.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast