Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Korps Badging

Article about: Hello, managed to grab this picture off the TV and though it was quite interesting. The AK soldier was travelling in a 6 wheel truck, something like a Kfz 69 but I noticed a novel way of wea

Default Afrika Korps Badging

Hello, managed to grab this picture off the TV and though it was quite interesting.
    The AK soldier was travelling in a 6 wheel truck, something like a Kfz 69 but I noticed a novel way of wearing the tricolour off a Pith Helmet.

Doug

Afrika Korps Badging

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps Badging
    P
    Many

Pictures showing this being done do exist, I'm sure I have some in some books. Still good to see it on film.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry,
    perhaps starting a thread with some unusual positions that badges are worn would be good.
    It is the first time I have seen anything like this and worthy of grabbing a snapshot.

Doug

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Thanks Jerry,
    perhaps starting a thread with some unusual positions that badges are worn would be good.
    It is the first time I have seen anything like this and worthy of grabbing a snapshot.

Doug
    I'll dig my AK books out and scan some pics in when I have the time.
    Regards,

Jerry

I could only find one so far from a quick search, from Dal Mckurk's Rommels Army In Africa.

I have a picture in a book of an Italian trooper with a German pith shield on his sun helmet somewhere.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Badging  
    Regards,

Jerry

Great picture Jerry thank you for taking the time to dig it out.
    It could even be the same soldier!

It's nice to see that both badges were used.

Doug

jwp
    ?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I could only find one so far from a quick search, from Dal Mckurk's Rommels Army In Africa.

I have a picture in a book of an Italian trooper with a German pith shield on his sun helmet somewhere.
    you beat me to it Jerry !, I was looking through my copy of the same book !,
    my dad always had huge admiration for the Afrika Korps and often told me they fought a Gentleman's war,
    all the best,
    John.

jwp
    ?

here is my tri-coloured shield, brought back by dad, no makers mark, but more than likely from an Afrika Korps tropical helmet,
    John.

Afrika Korps BadgingAfrika Korps Badging

Quote by jwp View Post
    here is my tri-coloured shield, brought back by dad, no makers mark, but more than likely from an Afrika Korps tropical helmet,
    John.
    John, great that you have one you know was a bring back by your Dad.

I have quite a few and one is claimed to have been dug up at Tobruk.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Badging   Afrika Korps Badging  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Great images. Although not a pith shield, I do take care of this one...
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Badging   Afrika Korps Badging