Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Korps feldmütze

Article about: Guys, here is a cap that I bought years ago at a gun show. The dealer had a box full of these caps, all the same maker and all without insignia...unfortunately. The story he gave was that th

Hal
    ?

Default Afrika Korps feldmütze

Guys, here is a cap that I bought years ago at a gun show. The dealer had a box full of these caps, all the same maker and all without insignia...unfortunately. The story he gave was that the insignia had to be removed in order to ship them out of country. Thought you'd like to have a look. Best, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps feldmütze   Afrika Korps feldmütze  

Afrika Korps feldmütze   Afrika Korps feldmütze  

Afrika Korps feldmütze   Afrika Korps feldmütze  

Afrika Korps feldmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps feldmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Afrika Korps feldmütze

Probably from the "Beehive" hoard. I have one with the same date and maker stamps, though mine still has it's insignia. They were very cheap back in the day and it has probably been stripped to reapply to a more expensive DAK/Trop cap, the M40's always demand much higher prices.

Still a good cap and you could probably find insignia if you looked for it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Afrika Korps feldmütze

When you purchase a cap like this (without insignias) is it wise to add them just to make it complete or not? I have a Coastal Artillery sidecap and i wonder what to do with the missing insignias...

?

I would personally upgrade it by adding the insignia. Did you get a good deal on it? If so, I prob would have gotten a few!

If you're asking me about the good deal, i got the Coastal Artillery one for $30 and the insignias to add for the same price from another dealer!

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Probably from the "Beehive" hoard. I have one with the same date and maker stamps, though mine still has it's insignia. They were very cheap back in the day and it has probably been stripped to reapply to a more expensive DAK/Trop cap, the M40's always demand much higher prices.

Still a good cap and you could probably find insignia if you looked for it.
    Absolutely correct. So many Brandt's were found that the insignia commanded more 'value' than the cap as a whole. Finding an eagle will be easier than finding the later rayon cockade.
    Good Luck!
    Mark
    NZ

Quote by NZMark View Post
    Absolutely correct. So many Brandt's were found that the insignia commanded more 'value' than the cap as a whole. Finding an eagle will be easier than finding the later rayon cockade.
    Good Luck!
    Mark
    NZ
    Indeed Mark, they can be hard to find though thankfully I have managed to pick up both over the years as part of my unattached insignia collection if ever I chance upon one like this missing its insignia.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.