Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hat

Article about: Hello all, Can I please get some experienced opinions on this cap that I picked up recently? William Kramer

Default Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hat

Hello all,

Can I please get some experienced opinions on this cap that I picked up recently?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hat   Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hat  

Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hat   Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hat
    P
    Many

I would have to examine this item in hand, but I think it is a put together of real parts and fake parts, and with some skill at that.
    The real criterion is the textile in the cap cover. If it is average in feel, then it is a stinker.
    If not, then it demands closer scrutiny.
    There are other aspects here I will not examine in total disclosure.
    I own a Breiter Oberfuehrermuetze, which I have illustrated.
    One question to pose is at which date did the Sonderanfertigung model go out of offer?
    I have read 1936, but I think it breathed its last in 1937.....or so.

Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hatAllgemeine SS General's visor cap hatAllgemeine SS General's visor cap hatAllgemeine SS General's visor cap hatI would just offer this image as a contrast.

I have to agree with F-B. A good hat was ruined to make this.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hatAllgemeine SS General's visor cap hatHere is the interior of the Breiter cap of mine, which is spot on. Notice plessier of the lining.

The other thing is to compare the RZM tag to a real one, i.e. the cloth of it and to examine the printing in minute detail.

You cannot wholly tell with these pictures. You can tell by having the thing in hand.

My black Oberfuehrermuetze is an impressive piece, unlike other black officer caps.

Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hatan authentic RZM/SS stamp on the reverse of the peak.

Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hatAllgemeine SS General's visor cap hatAllgemeine SS General's visor cap hatanother

Allgemeine SS General's visor cap hatThat is about as far as I want to go with this with the data at hand. There are some other facts I have left out, and will leave in the murk, since it is not my job to make the fakes better.
    Nor is it my job to deal with the pseudo Malthusian, class war berserk persons who are always telling me how the sky will fall on my cap and increase my forehead
    pressure to post nuclear strike levels. Pfui.

I would rather the cap be real, to be sure, but it is hard to find one. I think Weitze has an early, real cap for an Oberfuehrer on offer, but I have not examined it.

I concur with the comments of FB and Stonemint. This cap is not an "Allgemeine" SS cap but a black SS cap as worn by all branches of the SS as the dress uniform.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast