Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Article about: On this theme some new appearances on the horizon. I neither endorse nor profit from this notice. The NON RZM cap has a certain poetry to it, especially because of the odd chin strap and the

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Collecter's today think that by putting a value on the item above they are some how cheaperning the historial value ( NOT TRUE ) The visor above has $100 worth of wool, medal, Leather ect. So it has $9900.00 of historial value. So Dealer's DO put a value on HISTORY. on this item a dealer put $9900.00.

I do think you are 1000% right that A item any item is worth only what someone will pay. BUT I would pay $10K for that item but then I sell it EVERYONE only think's it worth $5K, IS that good for collecting NO and NO again.

Collecting guids do not say it's worry whatever you will pay. No they say this price to this price. $??? - $???. There is no right answer But theer needs to be.

I paid 4K for one off my visor's the next cheap'ist one online was $7.2K. Same wool, skull/eagle, age, And same marker. This is what happen's with a ruff price.

One last thing Dealer's love this loop hole ( only seen with WW2 items and old painting) It's out right WRONG.

Don't you see they are taking ADVANTAGE of us. NOT all dealer's but same.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze
    P
    Many

Quote by Scout View Post
    Some great visors and info in the thread here.
    As usual, I learned something.
    Its hard to fathom how many of these relatively fragile visors have survived.
    Imagine, how little "demand" there were for these in 1946 in Germnay by the original owners.
    I mean, people could not exactly have been hoarding these in Germany. I imagine at that point, they did not have much "sentimental value" and the priority was food and survival in the ensuing chaos of WWII.
    It would be interesting to hear from the gentlemen in-the-know, how you judge the percentage of how many are vet bring-backs and how many have been discovered in Europe post war (after the vet bring-back surge).....?
    Are the current visors of this type some, that circulate in collections or do new pop up from the families and are discovered from time to time?
    Thanks in advance.
    I rather think more were found well after 1944-1945 than the collector legend, myth and wishful thinking assert on these websites. US troops have been stationed in western Germany and western Austria and then just in the FRG for longer than I have been alive, and had many chances to secure these things when they were at hand.

Don't you see they are taking ADVANTAGE of us. NOT all dealer's but same.

.[/QUOTE/]

dealers cant take advantage of you without your help...

?

[dealers cant take advantage of you without your help...[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about me, But all collecter's

that don't make it RIGHT.

If someone let's them, Dose that make it right.

If a old woman walk's the street at night and get's robbed.
    Is she to blame. Because for a NEW collecter that's the same thing.

like the old woman, new collectors,should take precautionary steps to protect themselves in an environment where the less-than-honest abound....

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    like the old woman, new collectors,should take precautionary steps to protect themselves in an environment where the less-than-honest abound....

We do not think the same you and I.

But that's fine. Now I know why the world has gone to the dog's.

BAD people not good and honest should by scared to walk the street's.
    And online.

you and I have the same opinion of the bad and dishonest people,,i advocate being prepared and using one's head to be cognizant of the dangers that lie ahead,and not go off willy-nilly into the void without being cautious

?

We'll A gess we are same then.

I think Copy's / fake's and high price's are sfuffing out the collecting game. And I put the blame 98% on the bad one's and only 2% on poeple that let them self get robbed maybe 5% tops.

P.S what do you think about the above visor ( Just the visor alone )

(Allgemeine ss officer's mid 30's visor) Any thought's

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I rather think more were found well after 1944-1945 than the collector legend, myth and wishful thinking assert on these websites. US troops have been stationed in western Germany and western Austria and then just in the FRG for longer than I have been alive, and had many chances to secure these things when they were at hand.
    Thank you/Danke Ihnen.

Do they still pop up from time to time, even in our present day, do you think?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Thank you/Danke Ihnen.

Do they still pop up from time to time, even in our present day, do you think?
    Yes, they do. This thread should focus on regalia and leave the storm and stress of dealers and prices for another thread.
    This material is never going to be cheap, if you wish it to be of high quality.
    Black SS regalia is extremely rare, heavily faked from a very early date and complicated to determine in authenticity.
    As I have written elsewhere, such regalia is not for the faint of heart.
    Finally, I have always treated with incredulity accounts of such caps as these found for .25 cents in the hock shop etc.
    Nowadays, the internet has raised the prices and more or less established a cartel. In my experience, also, buying from other collectors has not been so exceptionally cheaper, if they are informed of the world trends, which is the case with high quality SS regalia.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast