Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Article about: On this theme some new appearances on the horizon. I neither endorse nor profit from this notice. The NON RZM cap has a certain poetry to it, especially because of the odd chin strap and the

Default Re: Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Here are the bona fides of an expert who remains silent.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze
    P
    Many

I cannot help but think that someone involved in all of this is still alive in Germany and Austria, especially someone who as a young person was trained in these crafts. They would know something of interest to us, surely.

Yet all the witnesses to the die making process at Deschler (notice especially the 30,000th little .15 pfennig Totenschaedel with the nose on upside down made on 15 November 1938) who has somehow defied the effects of eight or nine decades have never engaged the effort to find one of these people? Warum, denn? Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Cologne and Ulm are such nice places, and the Rhine and Danube are a source of great wonder, except they are flooding at the moment. The Buergermeister of Cochem on the Mosel was on Deutsche Welle this day remarking on the floods. Cochem is a nice place, too, as is the Mosel generally.

How sad that this woman, who likely is no longer alive, surely, has profited not at all from her noted skill in the run up prices of these things on the globalized militaria market. Those who pay a fortune for her work today give her only their admiration for her craft, but nothing else.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze Her identity is lost behind the code of the RZM tag. How sad.

Do read the text, too, which reveals that this regalia confused contemporaries, so how can we expect every to fathom it?

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Do read the text,
    I tried for half and hour to read this Fraktur, got as far as "refer to the image on page 37" !!
    Just bought the Uniform-Markt on DVD as well. Might finish reading it by the time I'm 90 years old...

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I tried for half and hour to read this Fraktur, got as far as "refer to the image on page 37" !!
    The image was in a number earlier, and the caption explains that the reportage on the Fahnen Fleck house in Hamburg included an detour to the monogram department, whose embroiderer (cf. this woman) also created cuff titles for branches of the SS. This work demanded the most exacting hands, all the more noteworthy, because some who looked at the cuff titles (from the editorial team...) thought they had been embroidered by a machine.

That is the sense of it, I guess.

My ambition is to give a name to things that were depersonalized by the Nazi bureaucracy. The UM does that with its features of outstanding craftsmen and women in addition to pioneer Nazi regalia makers and the like.Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

?

I need to learn German before even attempting to read Fraktur! After trying to decipher it and then translate to English is was complete gobbledygook. Fascinating that UM took such an in depth and serious study into these embroiderers and the like. I guess the Allies equivalent were to make quaint British films of Edna an her chums making Wellington bombers which defintely put the emphasis on enthusiastic endeavour and supporting "our boys" rather than highlighting the skills envolved. Same goes for the Americans, Mary Jo still lookin' pretty after a 10 hour shift welding in the dockyards etc. Actualy, when you think about all this, the Germans were decades ahead in terms of female equality bespite the ignorant post war beliefs that they were just considered as baby making machines. The story of Hanna Reitsch immediately springs to my mind as a remarkable human being let alone being a remarkable woman. Can you imagine such a woman with so much influence in Churchills or Roosevelt organisation? Even the female ferry pilots who kept all the front line airfields supplied has been mostly forgotten now.

Sorry, I'm rambling. insomnia is a bitch!

This notice on the Fahnen Fleck flag house is Hamburg is well before the war. I think it is from 1937 or so. Female embroidery was hardly a liberated or enlightened calling, but a traditional one that fit into Nazi conceptions of gender, economy and society. Only very late in the war did the Nazi loosen their restrictions on female labor and military service, much in contrast to the Anglo Americans and the Soviets. Hanna Reitsch was an exception, as female pilots were a world wide fixture, even in Germany. The Nazis saw women principally a beings for the production of racially superior children in the eugenics and demographic struggle that was at the center of the ideology. But in the regalia trades, especially in uniform making and such, women had a long standing pride of place, even in the work force. The absence of skilled craftswomen was always a theme of UM, and the regime did all it could via its Nazi and private sector organizations (which overlapped) as in the Deutsche Arbeitsfront, the NSBO, the HJ and BdM to promote trades and vocational learning. The Anglo American propaganda about women in the war time was of a different character, especially in the UK, which was much, much more radical about its domestic policies and total war than were the Germans. The total war policy put in hand by Goebbels in 1943 was well behind that embraced in the Allied nations much before him and such changes in organization and the use of women in the war effort.

I understand the problem with insomnia. These websites are a digital nicotine. Or an amphetamine of the crimped prongs and oh-so-magic-Deschler-die-revelations at 1430 on 25 March 1938 when "scull" No. XXXXX flew out side ways from the press like the upside down air mail stamp of 192X when Xavier Gustl (master die maker and alter Kaempfer) watched the coffee girl go by wiggling her you know what.

Ben, my ambition for you is to assume the full lead here, so the German language is a requirement as well as the deutsche Schrift and such. The latter is not really difficult. You just have to crack the "s"s as it were.

Beate Uhse, however, who was a junior to Hanna Reitsch did re invent the attitude of the Germans to the birds and the bees, but this innovation came after the war.

This UM dvd of mine is rather hard to use and I have not been reading it much for the past period, since August I have been on temporary duty each month and already wasted too much time with my gnome postings and same pictures of caps and such.

Schlaf gut! Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Ben, my ambition for you is to assume the full lead here, so the German language is a requirement as well as the deutsche Schrift and such. The latter is not really difficult. You just have to crack the "s"s as it were.
    It's my ambition too although I was never the academic sort. I do try really hard though despite my lack of intelligence! I have no doubt that my theory of female liberation in TR Germany is totaly flawed as you rightly point out and indeed Reitsch was the exception but what an extrodinary expection (can we have a spell checker here soon please?, slows me down so much!) but in any case, I was straying off the topic, what was the topic again?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's my ambition too although I was never the academic sort. I do try really hard though despite my lack of intelligence! I have no doubt that my theory of female liberation in TR Germany is totaly flawed as you rightly point out and indeed Reitsch was the exception but what an extrodinary expection (can we have a spell checker here soon please?, slows me down so much!) but in any case, I was straying off the topic, what was the topic again?

Your post was fine with me. You are always interested in the wider meaning of these things, which is not the case with others, as you well know.
    These topics lead from one point to the other, and that is all to the good.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast