Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Article about: On this theme some new appearances on the horizon. I neither endorse nor profit from this notice. The NON RZM cap has a certain poetry to it, especially because of the odd chin strap and the

?

Default Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Here is a very nice looking visor...does anyone know what maker hersteller number 27 represents?
    Thank you for any help.
    Cheers
    Murray
    Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutzeAllgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze
    P
    Many

Default re: Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze

Felix Weissbach in Glachau im Sachsen. This is an earlier version of the Sonderanfertigung cap which they made in numbers. Mr. Chris Stonemint is a fan of such a maker. This cap was retailed by the RZM. Obviously someone's extra cap that endured the ravages of time. Is it for sale?

This species of black tag is also faked, of course, but this piece strikes me as quite real. Others of the Felix Weissbach Sonderanfertigung black SS caps were wrongly damned by certain collectors, which is quite a pity. This issue further reflects the draw backs and limitations of the cyber gurus on the internet making mistakes, which they then never retract and correct.

?

Outstanding example! The RZM stencil on the label is of a style I've never seen before but have no reason to doubt it. Erzatz leather chinstrap?

Gorgeous hat...

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Outstanding example! The RZM stencil on the label is of a style I've never seen before but have no reason to doubt it. Erzatz leather chinstrap?
    I have seen the "RZM" stamp in numerous cases. I have an image somewhere. This aspect is also faked, but it is easy to spot. The Feglwa cap I own has an ersatz chin strap. Such were by no means uncommon in the later species of this cap.

PSS Ben, we also need to press on with the alternate thread idea, as well. The silence is not an appropriate response, either.

Thanks to mgalat for posting this nice piece.

?

I will do my upmost to get the other issue moving.

I was asked my opinion of this other black cap recently. I think it's relevant due to it's Tellerform style crown which is similar to thread cap. I advised the questioner that it was another fine example. I hope my advice was accurate because believe it or not, we, the collectors being asked, do take our responsibilities very seriously and why sometimes it can get to be too much pressure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze   Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze  

Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS NCO schirmutze 

Beautiful cap.

Thanks for sharing.

Brian

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I will do my upmost to get the other issue moving.

I was asked my opinion of this other black cap recently. I think it's relevant due to it's Tellerform style crown which is similar to thread cap. I advised the questioner that it was another fine example. I hope my advice was accurate because believe it or not, we, the collectors being asked, do take our responsibilities very seriously and why sometimes it can get to be too much pressure.
    That 2d piece is an earlier cap, and I think it is real too. The Feglwa cap was damned by others earlier who never retracted their false judgment. You, Ben, are not the issue here and I did not mean to imply same. The issue was high jinx on the other silly site, obviously. I am doing my part to impose sanity as my project for this fall while I am at this space, which is brief. Ben, you are a fine citizen and honest scout of the truth. Others should emulate your example. According to Saris, the crown on the black cap rose with the passage of time, such that by 1936/7 it had grown to its "textbook" shape. The piece you post is of an earlier pattern, which does or does not correspond to the change in pattern in the master NSDAP caps outlined by Saris.

PS"Textbook" in this connection is misleading, because the earlier caps with the flat crowns were equally as regulation for their given period. However, our point in the Muetzenfabrik thread is that the regulations were broken as much as followed.....

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Feglwa cap was damned by others earlier who never retracted their false judgment..
    God, I really hope I wasn't one of them!!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    God, I really hope I wasn't one of them!!
    Nope, you were not the one, mein Schatz!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast