Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor

Article about: This is an uncommon visor, in that it is a special grade (for both officers and OR's) called Sonderanfertigung, or "special grade" quality, a cut above the standard OR visor--doesk

Default Re: Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor

In posting this, I would ask people to correct me. I also know that the Saris/Spronk/Halcom books of Bender have some of this data, but I never did buy these works for my own reasons. Hence, please correct my errors of empiricism. I am grateful for all interventions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor
    P
    Many

Subsequent to the brown script tag came, I believe, this tag, known to you all and also widely faked. The previous one is faked, too, of course, but less so and without as much epigony.

This tag, I think emerged at latest in the course of 1934 or early 1935. I think Mollo refers to its advent in late 1934.

Here is an example in an Isken/Koeln officer's cap. It too is marked 1935.

I also posted examples in other caps from 1935...from Adolf Ernst, among others.

But I would not exclude that the earlier tag and this one were used side by side.

And, please remind me what is in the Saris/Sprong/Halcolmb books, too.

PS I include another example.
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor  Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor 

But this tag is from the same firm, and also in a cap marked 1935, as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor  Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor 

But I also think that other tags were used concurrent with these above, as in the one I enclose here....

This 1st tag as in the post below is in a Lubstein cap marked 1935 and this other tag is also in an early party cap.
    I believe the 2d image is from a cap marked 1936....It is a variation of the Ernst tags to be seen earlier in this thread.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor   Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor  

Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor 

A Mueller Sonderanfertigung cap of undetermined date....but likely a close relative of the cap at the head of this thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor  

My wild guess is the first black tag emerged in 1936, but surely in 1937....of course, this black tag has been extensively faked, too.

Also, the RFSS tags were in use from 1934 through 1937 and were then phased out, likely as an economy measure. But perhaps this is a false statement? The RFSS tags also plagued with fakes, but I shall leave the identification of all the variants of such wretched things to others.

My goal is more to construct an edifice of positive knowledge versus its opposite, since others can plainly better suited to said pursuit than am I.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor  
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor 

The pattern one sees the most often seems to be from 1938, as evidenced in this image. I think it was in use until 1941, or surely through the year 1940. This is a Clemens Wagner cap. Due to the combination of internet images and such fools as I posting too much, this tag, in particular, has improved in its fake iterations quite a bit.

The above constitutes a theory. You are free to proffer your own, especially if you have some compelling evidence. And, despite my profession, I make little reference to the secondary sources. In particular, the Bender books on Allgemeine SS headwear sort of fail to engage this question at all, at least that is my opinion. Maybe their authors are wiser than I am, surely.

Happy Tuche und Stoffe.

Here is another example of the final type with a date....

Another example a later Wille cap that ended up in the Germanische SS in Danmark.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast