Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor

Article about: This is an uncommon visor, in that it is a special grade (for both officers and OR's) called Sonderanfertigung, or "special grade" quality, a cut above the standard OR visor--doesk

Default Re: Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor

I had a feeling when I started this thread there would be a lot added to it--thanks for the input, and what has become a very educational thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor
    P
    Many

Thank you, dear moderator. Our aim remains enlightenment in the midst of a growing darkness. I have more Sonderanfertigung images somewhere, and I shall post them as they unravel to me.

mehr sein als scheinen.

Here is a later species of the same cap. My very first black cap similar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor  

Another example in France, I think....or Elsass...for you irredentists. This is a Mueller, too and notice the tag and the date on the sweat band.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor  

Of course, this model is faked, too, but I shall leave to others to dissect the salient characteristics of said fakes. Generally, such fakes do not compare well to originals, as they get a number of details wrong.

Such caps as endured real use end up often in this state, in this case an extra wear cap from a medical unit in Linz/Oberdonau.
    This image courtesy of Peter Jenkins.
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine-SS Sonderanfertigung Visor 

an officer's cap in a state of wear found in Nuremberg in the early 1950s and sold recently. This is an honest piece of regalia revealing the passage of time.

A further example of an officer's cap with some wear....this is from my fine colleague in Texas.

He also owns this wonderful, early cap, which I think is the prototype of these Sonderanfertigung caps. For those of you not fluent in German, the phrase here: free of pressure to the brow via rubber cushion. Stirndrueckfrei is a phrase only possible in German. Many early SS caps have the signature orange or red rubber cushion behind what is otherwise a conventional sweat band.

A wonderful, early piece, to be sure...this darker orangish-pumpkin colored silk lining is also to be found in early caps of this type.

Another example of this type, but without the celebrated RFSS tag. I have included this image elsewhere.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast