Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks

Article about: Hi Saw this lying discarded and unloved in the E bay Jungle and had to give it a home............... It is a very early TR visor made by Otto Dittman of Dresden, interestingly as a Governmen

Default (Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks

Hi

Saw this lying discarded and unloved in the E bay Jungle and had to give it a home...............

It is a very early TR visor made by Otto Dittman of Dresden, interestingly as a Government contract cap. I have not seen one by this maker in this guise before so it looks like old Otto made caps for the Imperial Army, Reichswehr and Wehrmacht.

It has the field grey cloth band dating it pre 1936 in manufacture, it has the manufacturer stamp but not a date.

The sweat band is just about attached, unlike the peak, and is nicely marked with PB24 and was initially accepted by 5th kompanie as the best set, indicated by the " I " stamp. Found a home with 4 kompanie though and was issued to a man in the 1st gruppe or section of this kompanie.

Pioneer Battalion 24 was formed 1936 so this cap had been sitting on the shelf in the stores for a bit............

(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks

Well, can we fix it ?

Of course we can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks(Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks

cheers

Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement (Another) Cap Rescue : Early Pioneer Other Ranks
    P
    Many

...a great transformation! Bravo!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Spandau,
    Did you make the repairs yourself?

Great work on a worthy piece. The old ones have a nice look.

A stunning and well done piece of work Tony, a pleasure to see the results of your restoration.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

DRK
    ?

What a great job you did on this one , well done
    This visor has lots of character.....

Theo

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Spandau,
    Did you make the repairs yourself?
    Hi

Yes all my own work.

cheers

Tony

i did similar with a ross rifle bayonet i found on ebay poor thing was beat half to death so i brought it back to life

?

Nice work.

Superb work, Its great that you managed to add insignia that also have that been there look.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast