Army Air Corps Veterans Estate, German Visor

Article about: Hello all, Tomorrow there will be an estate sale of a local veteran who served in the Army Air Corps during WW2. There are many interesting items at his sale including a German officers viso

Default Army Air Corps Veterans Estate, German Visor

Hello all,

Tomorrow there will be an estate sale of a local veteran who served in the Army Air Corps during WW2. There are many interesting items at his sale including a German officers visor, which I believe to be calvary. I am not doubting its authenticity, however, I have yet to see an online example with a leather chin cord. I would appreciate your insight on the few photos for now. As always your opinions are much appreciated. I know the other photos don't belong, but I felt the need to post them.

Also let us not forget this day, for it was men like this, who sacrificed their tomorrow's, so that we may enjoy today. Happy Memorial Day everyone
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	967517   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	967516  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	8 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	967518   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	967520  

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hat looks like a good private purchase EM/NCO Cav visor.
    Chinstraps were worn by EM/NCOs.
    THe one in your photo appears to have dry rotted and fallen off, but replacements turn up on Ebay from time to time.

Here is another to get an idea:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Real swell looking cap stoney! I am hoping this will be my first TR visor. We will see. Thanks for the pictute. Would you say these are harder to come by than a Heer infantry visor?

MAP
    ?

Much harder!! Infantry and artillery are the most common. But check out the condition. Look under the hood. If the strap is dry, maybe the sweatband is too.

I love the boots!! And bomber jacket too!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael, I rather fancy the flight jacket myself, you would have most of what you needed for a gunners mannequin