Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Art of the Cap Box

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Here is something other than a container for foetid woolens....Attachment 163484 In which city and on which river has this startling scene unfolded? Some of the other p

Default Re: The Art of the Cap Box

Quote by benvk View Post
    it's very pleasing to know that they are still in business today.

How times have changed!
    lol!!!!!!!!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Art of the Cap Box
    P
    Many

BTW, I used to have polaroids of hat boxes (taken in the days before digital), but I cannot find them now. Looking back on it, most were probably Weimar.

I am going to try to add to this thread as I stumble across them in the future.

Unfortunately for us headgear junkies, "tagged and bagged" (actually tagged and boxed) lids are infinately more rarer than their dagger counterparts.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Guys, that wonderful Mayser box is on ebay right now.
    Vintage Advertising German Echter Mayser Hat Box on eBay (end time 20-Dec-10 15:35:06 GMT)

The shipping would be a bit too much for me but you guys in the US could get it!

You cannot have the cap box until you tell us where the Mayser firm is located....

I am a geography fiend.

?

FB's quiz time! I love it!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    FB's quiz time! I love it!
    We are making you even a greater expert by our geography fetish. A hint: the city is named U_m and it is on the D_n_b_
    It is where Baden Wuerttemberg ends and Bavaria begins, too......
    Or you can say it is where Bavaria ends and BW begins, if you are going to Stuttgart.
    I tend to go east, as a rule.

Answers: l, a, u, e!!!

Merry Christmas to all box fetishists, even those who like geography.

?

Too easy FB! Ulm on the Danube.
    Another please!

Here is something other than a container for foetid woolens....The Art of the Cap Box

In which city and on which river has this startling scene unfolded?

Some of the other people here on this site (see post above as regards Austrian vimmin cavalry) do not seem to esteem women very much, but I do.
    I do not know this nice young woman with the fetching blue eye shadow, but maybe she has a large hat collection. The Germans in this picture are wearing fake hats, too. Or theatrical versions of military head gear. Why?

There is also a well known cathedral in this picture, but one has trouble seeing it because of the other magnets to the eye....

?

I have one.

This photo was taken as German troops crossed over the bridge of which river to escape the hell of which forest in 1945?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Art of the Cap Box  

I like the women better, really. These defeated soldiers are too historical. I will let someone else be a smarty pants. I have exceeded my quota.
    Is it not an ungodly hour for you dear Ben?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast