Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The Art of the Cap Box

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Here is something other than a container for foetid woolens....Attachment 163484 In which city and on which river has this startling scene unfolded? Some of the other p

?

Default The Art of the Cap Box

I saw this somewhere recently and I think it's marvelous. I can't help but think the hat must have been a disapointment in comparison!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Art of the Cap Box   The Art of the Cap Box  

The Art of the Cap Box   The Art of the Cap Box  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Art of the Cap Box
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The Art of the Cap Box

It speaks volumes about the craftsmanship of the time. It is nice to see that some effort went into the packaging as well as the manufacture of these items. As has been said before, a shame to witness the general devolution of the craft during the war and up to the present day. Thank you for sharing this marvelous item.

Best regards,

CMH

Great post, Ben. The odd thing is how common the boxes seemed to be during the Kaiserreich and Weimar eras, but seemed to almost disappear during the TR.

The box is from Mayser, who are still in business to this day. Their primary contribution to TR haberdashery was the Officer's "Robin Hood" RAD cap. Every hat they made was of the highest quality.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I am sure there were cap boxes in the III. Reich until rationing took hold. I am also sure that the cap boxes were used as fuel. You can also find hat boxes today in Europe, as well, though they are not as decorative as the Mayser pieces, which as is observed above, remains in business. Also, which landmarks (and I mean two) are depicted on said container?

so sieht es heute aus....The Art of the Cap Box The old people on the bench are wearing hats, by the way. In a while, I will be one of them, if my luck holds out.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-10-2010 at 05:04 PM.

?

I wonder what kind of hat came in this very ornate hat box, it has a dark brooding quality to it.

?

It's very pleasing to know that they are still in business today.

How times have changed!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Art of the Cap Box  

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's very pleasing to know that they are still in business today.

How times have changed!
    Needless to say, the Nazis would not have liked Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg and their movies. This kind of hat is omnipresent in nice hat stores in Germany and Austria, of course. Mayser makes very high quality hats. They have a nice website. I like hat stores.

?

This is a fun thread. I really enjoy the art on the hat box and it is nice to know that the company is still in business. I love wearing hats. Living in cowboy country makes it easy. Now that my hair has thinned it makes it very comfortable in winter time and it keeps the sun from sunburning my scalp on a bright day outside.

What a great looking cap box, artwork is outstanding !!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast