Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Artillery or Panzer

Article about: I've noticed many TR pecked caps on this forum with Red Waffenfarbe said to be Panzer , but very few with Pink . I believe Stonemint posted some with pink . I own a lovely NCO's Schirmmutze

CBH
    ?

Default Artillery or Panzer

I've noticed many TR pecked caps on this forum with Red Waffenfarbe said to be Panzer , but very few with Pink . I believe Stonemint posted some with pink . I own a lovely NCO's Schirmmutze with Red piping , just wondering if I should start calling it a Panzer Schirmmutze . I put a similar comment on a different thread , but didn't want to call out a particular collector on this . Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillery or Panzer
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Could it just be the photos not capturing the color correctly. I have a Luft flak in red and a Heer panzer in pink. Next to each other it is clear as day but in pictures the panzer alone could be hard to tell.

Here's my panzer...take a look and see if you think it's red or pink. Basically I'm admitting to less then perfect photography skills with this post...lol...learned to take better photos since this post..

Panzer Schirmmutz - Bachmann 1936
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map has it exactly right..photos are terrible for Pinks..The Panzers in hand are so very different from any photo ive seen..and are really quite beautiful in hand..but i agree in pics it can be very hard sometimes

The pink one I used to own, clearly pink.

With some the insignia I have it is very hard to capture the true colour with the reds and pinks being the most difficult to photo. It took a lot of messing about with the pics to get them to look right until I Went over to scanning them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery or Panzer  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My Artillery could never be mistaken as pink. In some photographs it does appear somewhat orange but in hand it is definitely red.

Artillery or Panzer

Artillery NCO vs Panzer Officer..This will show the difference ...In hand the Difference is quite stark and they would never be mistaken
    Artillery or PanzerArtillery or PanzerArtillery or PanzerArtillery or PanzerArtillery or Panzer

?

The colour of the piping is mostly down to the photograph.
    In hand, the difference between panzer pink and artillery red is very clear.

Sometimes an in hand inspection is what is needed to determine certain piping colours. Such as Faded medical/transport/chaplain and Admin/GJ. But not often.
    A good clear photograph is usually all that is needed to save confusion.

*edit*
    Piping colour also changes from maker to maker and from the different time periods. Weathering and fading can change the piping shade.

Artillery or Panzer

CBH
    ?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Artillery NCO vs Panzer Officer..This will show the difference ...In hand the Difference is quite stark and they would never be mistaken
    Artillery or PanzerArtillery or PanzerArtillery or PanzerArtillery or PanzerArtillery or Panzer
    Thank you Wizardman , for the side by side photo . Even in that photo , the pink has a red tinge to it . I guess it is all due to poor photography LOL . Thank you all for the replies .

Maybe its just me, but the Pink and Red 'farbes have always been pretty distinct.
    Problematic are the greens, and then the blues/violet.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

No mistaking this one.
    Ralph.
    Artillery or Panzer
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast