Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

artillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIA

Article about: not rare at all but it is my first artillery visor cap. I do like the otto dittman logo a lot so when I saw this one for sale I immediately decided to adopt it. Should have looked better , t

Default artillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIA

not rare at all but it is my first artillery visor cap. I do like the otto dittman logo a lot so when I saw this one for sale I immediately decided to adopt it. Should have looked better , the inside fell apart at some point and was restored by a previous owner. Got it for 300 euro shipment included, maybe overprised for a touched cap. But i'm glad I have it anyway, could be wrong but not so many Olympia caps out there. I just have some doubts about the eagle, I don't know why exactly but something seems wrong... Everything about it screems 'repro' to me but I can't explain why. The wreath looks fine but is a bit movable and the red piece of wool is also different then all the other ones I've seen so far... Maybe I'm questioning things too much but I believe that is not a bad habbit these days with the ever growing collection market. Please take a look at the pictures, Guess this will be a pretty easy schirmmutze for all the experienced collectors overhere. All feedback will be very much appreciated!

thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture artillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIA   artillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIA  

artillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIA   artillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIA  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement artillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIA
    P
    Many

Perfectly legitimate period cap by Otto Dittmer Dresden. In the future, I would advise against removing insignia as ypu may break a mounting prong or not be able to reattach it properly. This is a bad habit I have seen fostered by newer internet collectors.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The Fa Dittmann was in the Alberstadt, in Dresden Neustadt, the garrison area of town in the north. I own a cap made by them of which I am very proud.
    It is a cap maker seldom seen, but deserving of high collector interest.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-17-2016 at 04:34 AM.

what do you mean with ''dittmer"" ? tought it was ''dittmann'' .. see picture below. and you are correct, it is a bad habbit. The old prongs break of way too easy. But I do only remove the insignia when they were taken of before (like in this case)

Quote by vonbrugge View Post
    what do you mean with ''dittmer"" ? tought it was ''dittmann'' .. see picture below. and you are correct, it is a bad habbit. The old prongs break of way too easy. But I do only remove the insignia when they were taken of before (like in this case)

Relax. It was just a typo.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

artillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIARemoving old insignia from old caps is very destructive, and it is a bad habit fomented by internet know it alls who have fetish ized the random makers
    of these insignia in rare and less rare....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-17-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Moreover, the Hoheitszeichen you question is exceptionally common and easily had, in the event the badge were fake.

nice original cap but as Bob said, please do not remove the cap eagle and then re-bend the prongs... it is almost 80 year old metal you are dealing with...
    Morris

You can only bend and rebend metal like aluminum just so many times before it will suddenly break. And there is no way to know when that one time will be...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

artillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIAartillery visor cap MARKE ODD OlYMPIADo not collect Nazi regalia if you are easily upended by all the drivel and nonsense on websites. Ignore 90% of the jazz on websites in which the halt is leading the blind
    and so forth. Invest the time and effort into books, and into a careful examination of the those authentic items here put on display by a few.
    The all too public show and tell develops its own destructive dynamic for the faint of heart which is pretty contemptible.

Bob Coleman is also the man behind the collecting of headgear on a generous basis, having begun in the 1950s and whose collection was the basis of
    one of the very first books (Bozich) on this subject in the year of our lord 1 9 6 8. At a time when there was essentially no knowledge of these things.
    That was about fifty years ago.
    Today the seeker has access to incredible resources, which if you take them from granted, then the persons with the expertise will not help you.

I note with pleasure that my scolding has elicited buckets of digital hatred on other websites, to which my response is: pfui!

No one pays Bob or me or Adrian to provide this service. We do it for free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast