Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Article about: Is it me or do most WH General visor caps have metal insignia? Did Generals prefer metal insignia over bullion? Cheers, Pat

?

Default Re: The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Thanks for the book recommendation, I will see if I can order one or two. But they are costly.

I added the photos for interest. I dont have any photos of SS chaplains but I beleive what you say on how the SS if they needed could go to an Army Chaplain.

Thanks again my Friend and happy New year,
    Patrick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Ask Jeeves Thread!
    P
    Many

Hi Patrick, "FB" has pretty much covered it. Gottglaubig, or "believer-in-God" was the official Nazi doctrine. You could still believe, but could not follow any organised faith. As mentioned, the Waffen SS never had their own chaplains. There was certainly access to military chaplains via the Heer if need be. This situation also varied from unit to unit, many of the original German, especially the Totenkopf units, shunned religion, while some of the later foreign volunteer units did get access to priests.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Like the 13th Waffen Mountain Division of the SS Handschar ?

Cheers, Patrick

Exactly! Well done.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Exactly! Well done.

Cheers, Ade.
    Patrick is a young man of great promise with an issue of no small complexity.
    Himmler hadThe Ask Jeeves Thread!The Ask Jeeves Thread! a tick for Islam, and was chums with the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, but these facts diverge not at all from what Adrian observed about the secular, pagan cult that was the foundation of the SS.
    If any doubt adheres, read what Heydrich himself had to say about all this in his famous programmatic text.

Hi!

I found this page through a Google search and was hoping that you could help me identify this beret and possibly where I could find one like it. It was used in filming of a television show, but I know that this particular item was owned by the actor himself and wasn't part of the prop department. I've searched every combination that I can think of with the words red, military, german, ss, and beret, and the only things I've found have been pictures of this exact item from when I originally bought it.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

The Ask Jeeves Thread!The Ask Jeeves Thread!

Welcome to the forum.
    That's a fantasy piece.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Fantasy piece? I assume that means something designed in the style of WW2 but that didn't actually exist?

Quote by Beatlesfan View Post
    Fantasy piece? I assume that means something designed in the style of WW2 but that didn't actually exist?
    Germans were not being issued any berets during WWII and that patch with the runes doesn't match any period known example.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Ah, well that sure makes this search more difficult. Thanks for your help!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast