Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread

Article about: Dear Ben, what do you think of these images, please? You are a man of gifts with this sort of thing.....

Default Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread

Authentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadAuthentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadAuthentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadAuthentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadAuthentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadDear Ben, what do you think of these images, please? You are a man of gifts with this sort of thing.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Authentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadAuthentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadAuthentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadAuthentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadAuthentic SS General Schirmmütze ThreadDear Ben, what do you think of these images, please? You are a man of gifts with this sort of thing.....
    That hat is good--I was sent pics of it the other day by another member--where is it for sale?

- - Updated - -

I forgot to mention it is a Clemens Wagner.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

& I will add that the person that sent me these pics had concerns over the visible stitching here.

Normally, it would set off alarm bells, but sloppy stitching by CW during wartime is very common (and uncommon to see vice-versa).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread  

Here are some more of the pics I was sent:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread   Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread  

Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread   Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread  

Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread   Authentic SS General Schirmmütze Thread  

Last edited by stonemint; 09-02-2013 at 01:53 AM.

?

How funny, I was looking at this hat just today and also believe it could be authentic but with some caveats. Piping application isn't of the highest order and could someone confirm that General rank hats were available from SS Kleiderkasse stores because this hat certainly seems to have been? (I should be able to remember this information by now, sorry!)

FB, I was just about to PM you about the black tunic in the same auction!

As I always state with SS visors, nothing beats a hands-on, but based upon these pics alone, it is a textbook wartime Kleiderkasse CW....

- - Updated - -

Quote by BenVK View Post
    How funny, I was looking at this hat just today and also believe it could be authentic but with some caveats. Piping application isn't of the highest order and could someone confirm that General rank hats were available from the SS Kleiderkasse because this hat certainly seems to have been?

Ben--do you have a link to the hat?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    How funny, I was looking at this hat just today and also believe it could be authentic but with some caveats. Piping application isn't of the highest order and could someone confirm that General rank hats were available from SS Kleiderkasse stores because this hat certainly seems to have been? (I should be able to remember this information by now, sorry!)

Grey senior rank caps were surely had through the Kleiderkasse.
    The black tunic is a total stinker, actually.
    Thanks to all for the expert guidance.

The grey cap is pretty hum drum, but I, too, think it is quite real.

The auction in question also has a SA Feldzeichen flag, (Deutschland Erwache) thingy.
    The black uniform was offered to me awhile back, and it is a rather subtle fake from one of the so. German surprise packages, that is, it was asserted to be of a notable Nazi, around whose memory a bogus black tunic was conjured.
    This being said,a couple of years ago, the same auction had a wonderful, real, nice and cheap black uniform I wanted badly.
    It all depends.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-31-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Apropos Mr. Mint's point about the stitch beneath of the bottom Paspel, we have included so much knowledge about the shifting posture of expert labor, the search for Muetzenmeister, and the realities of mobilization. Ergo, this kind of false dicta (the stitch must always be....) signifies such a misleading moment for many collectors especially with what is a piece that to likely most people looks just like an Atwood fake, but is, in fact, quite real.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast