Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A big thank you!!!

Article about: I just wanted to thank moderator Stonemint for making all those threads about caps!! I really enjoy reading/learning about them. I hope I do NOT walk all over other moderators/members here,

Default A big thank you!!!

I just wanted to thank moderator Stonemint for making all those threads about caps!! I really enjoy reading/learning about them. I hope I do NOT walk all over other moderators/members here, because I appreciate you all !!!! It is not my intention to cause any misunderstandings. Just wanted to give a thank you, Chris. And yes, small donation has been made.
    All the best,
    Stig

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A big thank you!!!
    P
    Many

Stig that is a class act comment. I also enjoy his threads

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

CBH
    ?

Chris's threads are amazing, they are well worth the 25$ membership fee.
    I often point out what nonpaying members are missing out on, but it's hard to explain.
    Such a wonderful resource and if you collect TR Headgear, an invaluable one.
    Hats off to Chris and his great work.

It takes decades of hard work, research, a strong passion, knowing the "right" people to become proficient in a certain field of collecting. I know collectors of certain fields that have amassed large collections that still "know nothing". One has to have an eye for it & the inner ability to "Get it". Not all have the talent or gift regardless of how many items they possess. Chris "gets it", he was gifted with the understanding of it added with the passion. One of the best in his field IMO
    D.

?

I can attest to the strength of Stonemint’s knowledge. Joined here in 2014 after collecting for about 30 years. Still I had no visors. Using the forum and the tireless work that he puts into the threads / sub forum made picking up my 5 visors fairly easy. Some amazing reads and data in there. $25 is the price of a movie and popcorn. If you take the time to study these threads it is a money saver and time saver. I must also give credit to the many fellow WRF members who also grace the threads with knowledge as well. Iron sharpens Iron
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I can only echo what other fine gentlemen have already said here!
    The 25$ spent for a libary of knowlegde into tr headgear is the best i ever spent!
    Chris has helped me many times here and private mail.. he always takes the time to help and give his valued opinion.
    A great man to have around
    All the best.

MAP
    ?

I'm always amazed at how he finds the time. Chris easily posts 20x's a day with either period photos or new caps.

I think this is one of the world's largest dedicated collection of organized period photos and visors

Personally I can't wait to see his updates on his "don't tell me", "headgear worn at capture" and other similar threads.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I'm not a visor guy but I still love seeing the beauties that Stonemint post.
    I also have to say I'm a major fan of the "don't tell me", "headgear worn at capture" threads.

Thank you Sir for all you have done for the members and for the site.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Chris has a level of knowledge in headwear unsurpassed by anyone. Always a highlight reading his threads or picking his brain. Would love to see some of his personal collection

Guys, thanks for the kudos--I try to keep the Forum relevant and interesting, and to make it worth the price of a Gold Member fee.
    Any suggestions for improvements to the Soft Headgear Forum (including subforums), please let me know.
    As always, it is a pleasure to work with you all, and I hope to get to meet more of you in person at future shows.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast