Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

a black SS officer's cap of early make

Article about: or this variant...? This one on the left is the very first type, I believe....this is found in a Peter Kupper SS cap of early make. This type of tag is also faked now widely. The Internet ha

Default Re: a black SS officer's cap of early make

here are two of Derek Chapman's remarkable caps. The cap on the left is the black version of the field cap of early date; the cap on the right has a leather peak and was originally from the Mollo collection. This cap is illustrated in various secondary works. Neither piece has RZM/SS marks of which I am aware, but are all the more desirable for their rarity.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a black SS officer's cap of early make  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a black SS officer's cap of early make
    P
    Many

That cap on the left is indeed a real beauty. What an incredibly rare item. In fact, I don't think the word "rare" (often an over used term in the hobby) does it justice.

Thanks for sharing it. And my thanks to Mr Chapman too.

Cheers, Ade.

[QUOTE=Adrian Stevenson;7693]That cap on the left is indeed a real beauty. What an incredibly rare item. In fact, I don't think the word "rare" (often an over used term in the hobby) does it justice.

Thanks for sharing it. And my thanks to Mr Chapman too.

Dear Friend, One cannot overstate how remarkable is this early black field cap. I stupidly thought it to be fake. However, Chapman knew it as a gem. I took the liberty of posting material from another website. Mr. Stevenson would do well to lure Mr. Chapman here to join us. cordially, FB

Here the use of a cap no modern day collector might easily contemplate...one cannot imagine that the paltry amount in the collection tin would pay for the dagger or cap in today's collector market. I shall not speculate on the value of the WHW badges, either.
    Attached Images Attached Images a black SS officer's cap of early make 

an early cap in less amusing, traditional pose...as we know these things through pictures.

a further example...

yet again...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a black SS officer's cap of early make  

and again...this is a Clemens Wagner cap of ca. 1938 or so. Notice the piping, which bespeaks a cap that received little use. I imagine that these were in the SS Kleiderkasse and were un issued, or the wearer kept this piece for extra wear. The black SS officer's cap remained on sale into 1941, if not later.

Here the Kleiderkasse catalog from the end of 1940..notice item 60. I am sure the last cap posted is an identical exemplar. This image is courtesy of Derek Chapman, without whom we would know little of this regalia.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-20-2008 at 06:48 AM.

a piece for sale at an auction in No. Carolina for those eager to own such an object. The piece is an enlisted cap of early make from the Fa. Breiter, Muenchen....where I was a week ago and did not buy such an object as this.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast