Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

a black SS officer's cap of early make

Article about: or this variant...? This one on the left is the very first type, I believe....this is found in a Peter Kupper SS cap of early make. This type of tag is also faked now widely. The Internet ha

Default Re: a black SS officer's cap of early make

Further caps in this vein.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

The early officer's cap ex the Mollo and Chapman collections recently sold via the Jenkins site.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a black SS officer's cap of early make
    P
    Many

An object from the Collector's Guild, of possibly earlier make...and the ex Mollo and ex Chapman cap in detail.

a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

Astonishing that such objects exist at all, really.a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

?

A lovely NCO leather peaked cap was just posted on the other forum.
    Early Allgemeine SS Visor - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

and I only write mean things about that forum. Very nice original piece with patina. The combination of the ersatz sweat band and the leather peak offends some, but then they do not how to recognize real material. Thanks, Ben, for pointing it out to us.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-03-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Maybe if you put these things close enough together, they will secretly make more of them in the dark of early morning?
    Who knows?a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

The other thing with these 1927 or 1929 or 1931 Adlerkokarden is that they are all different, too. I looked closely at all of mine, and they seldom match each other at all in their details.
    Nor is the Danziger Totenschaedel every entirely standardized, either, which is also a theme of inquiry for someone with more knowledge.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-03-2011 at 09:53 PM.

?

The black hats of this time frame are fascinating due to their diversity. The differences aren't huge, they are very subtle in fact but it's clear they are the product of a certain point in time where the evolution from Imperial to Third Reich hat design was at it's height.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a black SS officer's cap of early make   a black SS officer's cap of early make  

a black SS officer's cap of early make  
    Attached Images Attached Images a black SS officer's cap of early make  a black SS officer's cap of early make  a black SS officer's cap of early make  a black SS officer's cap of early make 

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The black hats of this time frame are fascinating due to their diversity. The differences aren't huge, they are very subtle in fact but it's clear they are the product of a certain point in time where the evolution from Imperial to Third Reich hat design and manufacture first began.
    Very true. Especially in that this new cap has the ersatz sweat band and the leather peak. An amusing object, and thanks for telling your eager readers of its existence.
    All too droll, really.
    Imagine that other people have real lives, and enjoy living things as opposed to dead, old, mouldering, and stinky hats on the dead heads of racists and intolerant persons of yore.
    Rather than speculating on the gender of black hats, they embrace life with tours to Crete with their beautiful girl friends, while others crouch behind the computer screen, and dribble away their lives with foetid woolens.
    The diversity of said caps is noteworthy, too.
    I am amazed that so many of these things have endured, and were not tossed into the trash heap so that they disappeared from the earth entirely....a black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early makea black SS officer's cap of early make

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The black hats of this time frame are fascinating due to their diversity. The differences aren't huge, they are very subtle in fact but it's clear they are the product of a certain point in time where the evolution from Imperial to Third Reich hat design was at it's height.
    I like your nice pictures. I especially like the nice woman with the "Donnerwetter, tadellos" piece. When you look in you tube at Berlin before 1933, it was such a nice place. It is becoming that again, you know.
    Thanks for the images. I also have to secure the book you illustrate, as it has a lot for our consideration, as well.
    It is not as rare as the Hempe book I own.

Happy hats and foetid woolens to the handful of us in the northern hemisphere with failed 12 step programs to overcome old head wear.

The diversity thingy has gotten rather expensive for me, since the subtle differences are interesting to be sure.

The leather peak with the ersatz sweat band in this Rw or war time cap is amusing, too. As you say, a small leap to the paramilitary black corps of Heini H.

Thanks for the little, visual essay.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast