Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone identify the maker on this Ortsgruppe visor?

Article about: Hey guys, I am on the verge of adding the piece below to my collection. Can anyone discern the maker at all? Pekuro perhaps? Thanks!

Default Can anyone identify the maker on this Ortsgruppe visor?

Hey guys, I am on the verge of adding the piece below to my collection. Can anyone discern the maker at all? Pekuro perhaps? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone identify the maker on this Ortsgruppe visor?   Can anyone identify the maker on this Ortsgruppe visor?  

Can anyone identify the maker on this Ortsgruppe visor?   Can anyone identify the maker on this Ortsgruppe visor?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone identify the maker on this Ortsgruppe visor?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can anyone identify the maker on this Ortsgruppe visor?

Yes, #1073 is Pekuro.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Default Re: Can anyone identify the maker on this Ortsgruppe visor?

Thanks, stonemint.

Stonemint: what is your personal opinion of this maker Pekuro and this visor style as opposed to the other ortsgruppe forms? I have not come across many of these and would greatly appreciate your opinion and thoughts on the Pekuro ortsgruppen visor. How does it fare compared to the others?

I personally like them. Pekuro used 2 wire stiffeners in the crown, so they hold their shape better than most. (One stiffener is removeable, the other is in-built into the crown piping).
    Plus, they used treated oilcloth for their sweatbands, which holds up better than the Alkor/Presstoff examples, which tears easier.

Here is one I used to own. what I like about these is that the peak is on the same plane as the band (ie, it does not lean forward):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone identify the maker on this Ortsgruppe visor?  

Thank you for this information!