Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?

Article about: Hello everybody, first off, please excuse me if my entry is in a wrong category or not fitting at all, this is my first and maybe only post. My name is Helen, and i am not a collector of mil

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

I will order two from you, if you tell me how much your labor costs.
    that is a really nice offer,but i possibly couldn't name you a fixed price. On the one hand, they are a lot of work, but on the other hand, there are still parts that are poorly executed by me (like the closings of the piping / green band in the back, or the leather parts that i have to sew by hand due to the lack of a proper sewing machine). We put two practice caps, made from scratch & with all their little mistakes on ebay, they sold for around 50€ each.

I feel a bit challenged now.... How about that: Tell me what kind of a cap you'd like to have. When i get to it, i make one, and if you like it we talk again. Might take a little time though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?
    P
    Many

I will happily pay you Euros 150 for such a fine piece of work. Can I suggest the Waffenfarbe, if you can find it?

Congratulations and thanks. Viel Erfolg!

If you are in Germany, Pfaff must still have the right sewing machine for making caps somewhere.

Is not Pfaff still in business? They were when I lived in Kaiserslautern, but that was three decades ago...!can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-11-2015 at 12:00 AM.

?

Helen,
    Great work with these! I am interested in your process of making these, have you developed templates for each piece? I'm curious to learn about your methodology. Beautiful work.

?

yes, i am in Germany, and i will definetely keep my eyes open for an old Pfaff or Singer machine, though i can imagine that they are very expensive nowadays. But if that saves me from sewing the heavy leather parts by hand....why not?

I will gladly try a cap for you if you name me a "Waffenfarbe" (that is the piping color, right?) and the shape. I have two shapes, the one that is slightly higher in the front and the one where all parts are roughly the same. Oh, and, since i made the caps by first taking apart similar old caps and copied those, i can only offer you a size 57 or 58, since i wanted the cap to fit my husband....

CBH
    ?

I'm sure FB will want Black ! Great job , and keep up the good work .

can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?Dear Helen, thanks so much. May I ask for carmine red as in my enclosure? And the more saddle shape, with the higher crown?

Also, my Kopfweite is 60 cms (also Dickschaedel), so I do not know if you can manage it by expanding the Schablonen slightly.

Thanks for the offer.

My best to you in your work, FB

I had a Burschenschaftler Kappe made to order in Wien VI in 1973. I lost that cap, which is a shame. It was very nice. Made of velvet and silk.

thanks again und Gruess nach Koeln. I went to university there also in the early 1970s.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-11-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Quote by Helen View Post
    yes, i am in Germany, and i will definetely keep my eyes open for an old Pfaff or Singer machine, though i can imagine that they are very expensive nowadays. But if that saves me from sewing the heavy leather parts by hand....why not?
    I send my compliments Helen!
    Not many people are self taught to do something like this.
    Shoe makers and harness makers will also use these sewing machines. I know, my father was a cobbler and that is what I learned to sew on.
    I still do leather work but, unfortunately, I must do my sewing by hand.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?can somebody help me to exactly define a fabric?Dear Helen, thanks so much. May I ask for carmine red as in my enclosure? And the more saddle shape, with the higher crown?

Also, my Kopfweite is 60 cms (also Dickschaedel), so I do not know if you can manage it by expanding the Schablonen slightly.

Thanks for the offer.

My best to you in your work, FB

hahaha, Dickschaedel indeed
    Challenge:accepted. It might take a couple of weeks, i am quite busy at the moment, so please be patient. I also need to gather all the material. What kind of cockade shall it have? Metal? Or fabric?

Greetings, Helen

Quote by Helen View Post
    hahaha, Dickschaedel indeed
    Challenge:accepted. It might take a couple of weeks, i am quite busy at the moment, so please be patient. I also need to gather all the material. What kind of cockade shall it have? Metal? Or fabric?

Greetings, Helen

sehr geehrte Helen, Haben Sie besten Dank. Einen Dickschaedel habe ich sowieso. Wenn Sie wirklich bereit sind, so etwas zu tun, werde ich dankbar dafuer Ihre Zeit und Ihre Arbeit entsprechend belohnen.
    Eine gewebte Stoffkokarde haette ich am liebsten, wie am Vorbild. Danke fuer Ihr Interesse und Ihren Witz, was wir hier alle ziemlich dringend brauchen,
    mit schoenen Gruessen, Ihr, FB

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast