Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Cap Collection

Article about: Hello the Relic forum Members, A part of my cap collection for you :

?

Default Re: Cap Collection

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Dear Collector friends,

A great thanks for your nice words, it's always a real pleasure...

the Alter Art is sold now...and yes the 34 ss cap has been found in Estonia without button.

I am just a cap collector, and I have many caps without insignia,salty,style...

I love restored the german caps, I don't like the superb "clean" cap not a real "history" for my eyes...

one days I will show you my total cap collection, when I will have restored all...and it's not tomorow...

thanks again
    Sebastien.
    Thanks for sharing my friend! You have an awesome collection!

Cheers
    Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap Collection
    P
    Many

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Dear Collector friends,

A great thanks for your nice words, it's always a real pleasure...

the Alter Art is sold now...and yes the 34 ss cap has been found in Estonia without button.

I am just a cap collector, and I have many caps without insignia,salty,style...

I love restored the german caps, I don't like the superb "clean" cap not a real "history" for my eyes...

one days I will show you my total cap collection, when I will have restored all...and it's not tomorow...

thanks again
    Sebastien.
    Dear Colleague, thanks for showing us your things. Your desire to restore things will make the purist shriek with horror. But I am glad you take your stand the way you do. You are a realist versus a purveyor of fantasies and chimaeras. Happy collecting.

Hi S.Vestae

That is a real nice collection you got there, I'am really enjoying these images.

Though I don't agree with you and my colleague Friedrich, IMO restored caps aren't original anymore because you add parts to it that have nothing to do with the cap. It's no problem offcourse when you are satisfied with them and you keep them into your collection. The problem starts when these caps hit the market...

Greetz

Nick VR

I would note as concerns the above that if you have spent any time in Germany in former times, this material survived usually in denazified form. That is, people took off the Hoheitszeichen and saved the cap. I cannot easily recount how many times I saw material in this denazified condition in the 1960s and 1970s, even into the 1980s.

By the lights of today's collector dictum, such a cap is no longer desirable.

Perhaps this is the new law.

Our French friend also likely finds material in this condition.

As long as I have collected this stuff, collectors have also embellished, changed, amended and fiddled with their treasures to improve them.

To say anything less is to do the truth a huge disservice.

However, each person here can follow their own lights, their own taste, their own preferences. To each his own.

The imperative for the untouched, virginal piece also opens the naive and new collector up to confidence artists who propagate material as untouched, that is anything but.

I treat every assertion of a piece as being "out of the woodwork" with a maximum of skepticism.

Friedrich

I totaly agree with you but I stick to my opinion as well, that is why I collect medals and daggers instead of headgear and uniforms...

Greetz

Nick VR

thanks again !
    Lars

Nick, I restore my caps with original element, insignia,visor,wool...if you have a cap without eagle, or without other thing, you will want to find these items for completed your cap, just this feeling, not more...

I show you my last great job, with these 2 Heer officer cap found in a German Attic...

Dear Colleague, you should stick to your opinion and express it just as you do. In no way do I wish to diminish it at all.

We live in an age of growing extremes, at least in my native country, and I think these fora should embrace a pluralistic, tolerant approach.

What troubles me is the group think mentality and me-too-ism that reigns on other websites. That is, the internet blow hard intimidates others with dogma and dicta, a kind of regalia Taleban.

I say again: each person has his taste, his quirks, his own approach.

Friend Sebastien happily restores caps. Friend Geertz seeks his daggers and decorations in perfect, untouched condition. Each one has their place here. We are richer for the variety.

Addendum: I now see these Dachbodenfund caps. In my time as a child, one would not have collected such pieces at all; or they would have been recycled for the usable bits to restore another piece. Today, you young people with skill in the handicrafts restore these caps. I can see the inclination to do so as justified by the passage of time.

I mean: in the 1960s, no one made the effort much to dig up all the sunken and lost aircraft and tanks. They were still being scrapped, crashed, and thrown away.

First job : "clean" the wool and centred the original size...

Post Re: Cap Collection

Hi Friedrich

When you think about it we are basicly saying the same thing.

By the way, who is Geertz...

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Friend Geertz.

Greetz (gruss)

Nick VR

[QUOTE=Nick VR;11852]Hi Friedrich

When you think about it we are basicly saying the same thing.

By the way, who is Geertz...

Dear Nick, you are Geertz, of course. Sorry. It is difficult for old men to keep track of all these things, you know.

Were I a better person, I would know flemish, but I don't. Es ist eine Bildungsluecke.

Servus, FB

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast