Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Cap Making

Article about: Ladies and Gentlemen, encouraged by and with the consent of F.-B. (thanks a lot for the encouragement) I publish the pages of Hempe's book relevant for visor cap making. This also involves a

Cap MakingCap MakingCap MakingCap MakingCap MakingCap MakingCap Makingor.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap Making
    P
    Many

?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

finally found the thread I have been looking for for some time again: The anatomy of the Schirmmutze Just have a look at this, lots of what was said here is explained by these pictures (even if this is an Älteste fake, the make is as Hempe prescribes).

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

finally found the thread I have been looking for for some time again: The anatomy of the Schirmmutze Just have a look at this, lots of what was said here is explained by these pictures (even if this is an Älteste fake, the make is as Hempe prescribes).
    Thanks so much. We have been over some of this ground before, and I did so soon after I came into possession of the Hempe book, which you have wisely and generously given to the world.
    I am sure that those who made the fake caps of the 1950s, i.e. Beinhorn, and the Atwood caps of the 1960s ("Berlins Aelteste Muetzenfabrik pp.") were handicrafts men and women of the epoch.
    You have wisely re stated what is in Hempe as to the need for great skill and such.
    You can also see in the video from the jolly no. German cap maker in der grossen Freiheit and such, that years of skill are needed to do this properly.
    thanks for your hard work for this site.

And what to think of those (men) from the old Peter Küpper (Zimmermann/Codeba)-factory that made caps
    in orders for collectors and surely also for dealers after the war??
    I know a collector who had made all different forms of caps for the Deutsche Reichsbahn
    and may others also!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-30-2015 at 07:47 PM.

?

Good evening Wim,

has the Easter bunny already passed by with the copie's copy?

Hello ErWe from Sa.
    No not yet, but that makes it more exciting.
    I like Easter bunnies!

?

I posted it Friday, should reach you these days, if it doesn't, send me word.

Guten Abend, ErWeSa

Gentlemen--
    Have followed this thread with fascination.

I wonder if this fellow also has Hempe's book?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2hksDDoPyc
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Gentlemen--
    Have followed this thread with fascination.

I wonder if this fellow also has Hempe's book?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2hksDDoPyc
    He does what is in the book intuitively as a craftsman. I doubt he read it, but maybe the person who trained him was trained by someone who read it.

There used to exist a whole species of these tailoring books on a level that today is unfathomable to the beginner.

The man in Hamburg has his Vorlagen, the Schablonen, i.e. patterns hung on the wall. Those may be very old items, indeed, decades and decades old.

Such men as he used to exist in their thousands and thousands.....

What's new? There indeed used to exist more books and magazines for cap maker's and
    there may have existed many thousands of cap makers/employees.
    Just only the RZM had over 1,500 concerns listed and will have had those many employees.
    From many the stencil-plates might not have been destroyed, as they did not need to be de-
    nazified. I have in reserve for a later headgear-volume on HJ stencil-plates, which stuff is in
    the possession of a US-collector!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast