Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Clemens wagner prewar inf heer visor

Article about: here's an unusually nice heer infantrie em visor, stamped under the leather sw'band with the CW marks & 1938 and on the other side the distributor's marks from 1939. nice officer quality

?

Default Clemens wagner prewar inf heer visor

here's an unusually nice heer infantrie em visor, stamped under the leather sw'band with the CW marks & 1938 and on the other side the distributor's marks from 1939. nice officer quality trikot. too bad the diamond has nearly gone but otherwise choice. almost zero cracking on visor and all paint's still on the c-strap buckles. enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Clemens wagner prewar inf heer visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Clemens wagner prewar inf heer visor
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Clemens wagner prewar inf heer visor

pic 2

Quote by vady View Post
    here's an unusually nice heer infantrie em visor, stamped under the leather sw'band with the CW marks & 1938 and on the other side the distributor's marks from 1939. nice officer quality trikot. too bad the diamond has nearly gone but otherwise choice. almost zero cracking on visor and all paint's still on the c-strap buckles. enjoy!

Clemens Wagner caps of this era have flimsy sweat diamonds. A tiny fact about the III. Reich that would have made someone at the time guffaw in disbelief. At the risk of being a total bore, I recall these caps at the gun shows of my youth in unissued condition in a rainbow of Waffenfarben for USD25. Thank you for the image. You can also see there the Muetzensteg, that is the front piece in the crown that elevates the cap cover horizontally, fits with the piping and the Muetzendraht, the cap spring. A pleasing, small detail that one never sees well executed in fakes. Also, notice the regular appearance of the crown piping on the cap cover, as if drawn by a draftsman on a piece of paper with a straight edge. Far more craft and skill resides in this picayune detail than we mortals can divine.

?

merci beau coup for this data, fb.

I wonder if CW enlisted visors caps are a commonplace. I'm not really a cap guy, but I'd associated 'em more with officers....

one detail I like is, in fact, the presence of wire spring. it probably looked better in place worn with that waffenrock, versus the wire-less "50 mission crush" look when removed. now I think of it, some soldaten likely had a faux crusher for rear areas post-combat or furlough-ing and kept one like this for walking out (?).

I'll try again to put up a few more pix. system didn't like them before/
    Attached Images Attached Images Clemens wagner prewar inf heer visor 

?

pic 3

Quote by vady View Post
    merci beau coup for this data, fb.

I wonder if CW enlisted visors caps are a commonplace. I'm not really a cap guy, but I'd associated 'em more with officers....

one detail I like is, in fact, the presence of wire spring. it probably looked better in place worn with that waffenrock, versus the wire-less "50 mission crush" look when removed. now I think of it, some soldaten likely had a faux crusher for rear areas post-combat or furlough-ing and kept one like this for walking out (?).

I'll try again to put up a few more pix. system didn't like them before/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Clemens wagner prewar inf heer visor  

Thank you. The cap spring was the regulation, but one also sees how often it was ignored.

Enclosed is a black SS cap made by the same firm, also missing the sweat diamond. Notice the crown piping of this cap is also remarkably straight and circular, with the presence of the Muetzensteg plainly visible.

PS straight and circular is not well stated, but you get my drift.
    Attached Images Attached Images Clemens wagner prewar inf heer visor 

Here is a Clemens Wagner officer's cap with a remnant of the flimsy sweat diamond, a rare thing.

The firm advertised that it made several hundred caps a day.

Army Tellermuetzen were made by many firms, among which Clemens Wagner is surely an outstanding one. It was a major force in the no. German headwear trade.

I have seen several Clemens Wagner army Tellermuetzen in my four decades of peering and at such marks and stamps. I sold one in the last decade, I think. Many photos I have of former property died with the flimsy computers which have none of the poetry of the CW flimsy sweat diamond.

?

thanks for yours, fb. god those black things are a bit tasty aren't they - esp. in that condition. man alive!

hey I just noticed something on mine: two vertical indents on the c'strap that look as tho the buckles rested there for a while. but that can't be - can it -? since the 'strap is perfectly sized as it is.

anyone have ideas what caused these furrows? it definitely isn't the patent leather bubbling you often see....

One often sees this sort of thing in the patent leather, as well. I am never sure why. These things always contain riddles in enigmas.

Happy headwear.

I cannot find the image of the missing sweat diamond in the Wagner enlisted SS cap. Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast