MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confirmation on m43 ss panzer cap

Article about: And COAs can be faked.............

Default Confirmation on m43 ss panzer cap

A few weeks ago a collector offered me this ss m43 panzer cap.
    I've known this collector for a few years, and he had a great collection of ss items.
    He sold it, so he offered me this one.
    He also told me it's not a common one, but it's definitely an original one.

He gave me a few months to check the originality.
    I contacted a professional photographer to took photos, so I could send them to experts in the field.
    Kelly Hicks was the one who told me it was an original cover, based on the pictures and the information I provided.
    He sent me the certificates of authenticity.

What's your opinion on this cover?

Confirmation on m43 ss panzer capConfirmation on m43 ss panzer capConfirmation on m43 ss panzer capConfirmation on m43 ss panzer capConfirmation on m43 ss panzer capConfirmation on m43 ss panzer capConfirmation on m43 ss panzer capConfirmation on m43 ss panzer capConfirmation on m43 ss panzer capConfirmation on m43 ss panzer capConfirmation on m43 ss panzer cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Confirmation on m43 ss panzer cap
    P
    Many

?

Kelly Hicks is well respected in the community and a member of the forum too. If he says it's good then it would be a very good start but of course wait for further opinions.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I like it.

Who is Kelly Hicks ?

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Who is Kelly Hicks ?
    Seb he has a website he is known for his expertise on SS items and he is a noted author "SS Steel" and others I don't know if he is a member here he is at GHW I know. He has a link on Ken N site German helments inc. BTW I like the M-43 shown looks good to me. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    Seb he has a website he is known for his expertise on SS items and he is a noted author "SS Steel" and others I don't know if he is a member here he is at GHW I know. He has a link on Ken N site German helments inc. BTW I like the M-43 shown looks good to me. timothy
    I think that may have been a tongue in cheek question

?

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    Who is Kelly Hicks ?
    Are you serious?

Thanks for explication Timothy !

?

When anyone receives a COA from the likes of Kelly Hicks, one of the most respected dealers and long standing members of of the collecting community, I for one would be happy to accept his evaluation of an item, there is nothing wrong by asking for second opinions, but bear in mind that the man is a bit of a legend within this hobby of ours and does'nt just write a COA out of hand, his reputation is of good standing amongst collectors

Still, a COA based on photos alone does not stand up to an 'in-hands' inspection IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast