Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Could someone help identify this hat?

Article about: Hey Gang, My dad gave this to me today. He bought it (and a lot of other stuff) in 1970 from a former American GI who had married a German girl. The lady had a pic of herself and Hitler when

A34
    ?

Default Could someone help identify this hat?

Hey Gang,

My dad gave this to me today. He bought it (and a lot of other stuff) in 1970 from a former American GI who had married a German girl. The lady had a pic of herself and Hitler when she was a young girl giving him flowers. My dad tried to buy the pic, but the lady wouldn't sell.

I know this is Luftwaffe, but could you give me the nomenclature for the cap? Could anyone guess at today's market value? It's not for sale, but for insurance purposes.

Thanks!

Could someone help identify this hat?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Could someone help identify this hat?
    P
    Many

It's an M43!...

As Paul said, it's a M-43 type of Luftwaffe cap. Fairly common, so I don't know if you would be worth insuring it or not. Just looking about at a few web sites, they seem to bring anywhere from 3-500 bucks. A dealer Buying it would give you about Half of that amount-the 3-500 figure is what they would Sell it to you for. So...probably not worth calling the Caddy dealership just yet! In any case, it looks to me in pretty decent shape, although I don't know what the inside looks like, of course. At this point, it's likely worth more in sentimental value than actual price tags.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A34
    ?

Thanks Guys. I'm trying to put individual values on everything, so I can get a specific rider for the policy to cover my collectibles. No way I'd sell anything unless a catastrophic event occurs.