Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Dak pithhelmet opinion

Article about: Dear members, i have the opportunity to buy this helmet but i have no idea about his originality,his value and i suppose it's a dak? i would like to have more information about it here are t

Default Dak pithhelmet opinion

Dear members,

i have the opportunity to buy this helmet but i have no idea about his originality,his value and i suppose it's a dak?
    i would like to have more information about it

here are the pictures

thank you for watching

best regards
    Dak pithhelmet opinion
    Dak pithhelmet opinion
    Dak pithhelmet opinion
    Dak pithhelmet opinion
    Dak pithhelmet opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dak pithhelmet opinion
    P
    Many

Original. Just lacks the chinstrap. Found in quantity un-issued after the war.

This particular pattern was not so much worn by the DAK. These tended to see more use later on in Southern Europe etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

FWIW, my example (with chinstrap) was around the USD350 mark, which I considered a pretty good deal. These 2nd type helmets are not exactly rare.

Dak pithhelmet opinion

thank you !
    i think i'll go for it then
    is it easy to find such a chinstrap?
    regards

Can't say i've ever actually seen a chinstrap for one by itself (not that i've been looking either), so unless your one is incredibly cheap, if it were me, i'd be holding off until a complete example comes along.

As has been stated they are not a rare hat,but there are some rare makers of them..on the forum here there is a database of makers i think..Ade said it all about its use ..i personally love these hats, i really like the first model

As advised, I think finding a chinstrap might be difficult.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Only one image is known to exist that possibly shows a 2nd model in use in Africa, though it is not certain and to call this type DAK is really stretching it. As regards the missing chinstrap, they do not come up for sale, though to say never is probably untrue, but near enough. It has the usual other typical damage for this type with the rim trim coming apart which will continue to get worse over time. Buy a first pattern, there are some for sale in the forums sales section.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

a original tropical helmet in good cond.