Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

DAK Tropical Feldmutze

Article about: Hi Guys, this is a new addition to my collection. I have not shown this before on any other forum, so here you see it for the first time. I obtained the cap from a good friend who had obtain

Default DAK Tropical Feldmutze

Hi Guys, this is a new addition to my collection. I have not shown this before on any other forum, so here you see it for the first time.

I obtained the cap from a good friend who had obtained the cap in a very good deal and he kindly passed on some of his good fortune to me, enabling me to buy the cap for a great price.

I like items to have been used. This cap has certainly seen field wear and it is just how I like them to look.

The cap was made by "Lago Berlin" This was a consortium of small tayloring shops who combinded their efforts in order to compete for contracts from the Armed Forces.

Note that with the change in regulations, the soutach of waffenfarbe has been removed from the front of the cap. I have shown a pic of the tiny remains of this. Note the colour: Panzer pink The hand sewn insignias are typical and were often out-sourced to housefrau's to do at home and still help with the war effort..

This cap and other like it are typical of ones issued in the positions at El Alamein in 1942.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Tropical Feldmutze   DAK Tropical Feldmutze  

DAK Tropical Feldmutze  
    Attached Images Attached Images DAK Tropical Feldmutze 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Tropical Feldmutze
    P
    Many

Default re: DAK Tropical Feldmutze

As you can imagine, I am very pleased with this cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Tropical Feldmutze   DAK Tropical Feldmutze  

DAK Tropical Feldmutze   DAK Tropical Feldmutze  

?

nice catch ade, no wonder your pleased its a cracker rgds dave

?

A very nice one Ade, good addition to the collection!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Dimas, I fell in love with the cap the first time I saw it

Cheers, Ade.

Who wouldnt Ade , awesome , cheers Raymond

?

Nice hat Ade !!!

.. A question !!!
    I've noticed that the DAK hats had red linings ....
    Was there any reasoning behind this ???
    (Could they be turned inside out and used as a signalling device for aircraft etc ??)

G.

Hi Gary, nice to see you here

The red lining was actually done due to a scientific study carried out by the Hamburg Tropical Institute. They found the colour red actually allowed less heat to be transmitted to the wearers head. Crazy sounding idea I know! Typical German "engineering". But I do think the idea is valid. The Soviets certainly used a red lining to their tropical "Panama" style hat. This came out in 1938.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I was heard funny idea, that if you lose your cap in the sands, you then can easy find it by the red liner
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

240stevek
    ?

[QUOTE=Adrian Stevenson

"The red lining was actually done due to a scientific study carried out by the Hamburg Tropical Institute. They found the colour red actually allowed less heat to be transmitted to the wearers head. Crazy sounding idea I know! Typical German "engineering". But I do think the idea is valid. The Soviets certainly used a red lining to their tropical "Panama" style hat. This came out in 1938."

Intresting.
    But than than Germany seemed to be a step ahead of the rest of the world 65 years ago.
    I believe their Waffen SS were the first troops to issue camo uniforms.

Steve

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast