Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Death Head side cap, looking for opinions

Article about: I have a black wool side cap that has a combination eagle and deathhead sewn to the front. The hat is piped with white piping and the liner appears to be some sort of cotton. No maker's or s

Default Death Head side cap, looking for opinions

I have a black wool side cap that has a combination eagle and deathhead sewn to the front. The hat is piped with white piping and the liner appears to be some sort of cotton. No maker's or size marks. The eagle and deathhead have silver metal threads.

This hat was found in the basement of a house formally belonging to a WW2, vet that was being torn down.

I am researching for the finder. We are curious as to the possible origins of this cap.

Thanks for looking.

Thomas

Death Head side cap, looking for opinionsDeath Head side cap, looking for opinionsDeath Head side cap, looking for opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Death Head side cap, looking for opinions
    P
    Many

Sorry, but the hat is a fake--the insignia is as crude as it gets.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is a real one for comparison:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Death Head side cap, looking for opinions   Death Head side cap, looking for opinions  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Okay. Thanks. I had reservations about the authenticity but I wanted to be sure.

Did fakes often have the silver wire threading? It almost looks home made...

Thomas

CBH
    ?

Did fakes often have the silver wire threading? It almost looks home made...

Officer insignia used metal thread on insignia to denote rank, enlisted used off white thread.