Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...

Article about: I have asked the Dagger guys for some help, but it seems their knowledge is pretty limited as well. Speculation is that the DRB/WSP was stationed primarily in Northern Germany, and supervise

Default Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...

...at least I am 95% sure that this is what organisation this hat belongs to. There is very little written about this organisation, and my limited research reflects that the purpose of the DRB-WSP was to protect rolling stock during transfer to watercraft for transport by sea. I cannot find any pics of this organisation, nor the regs for the same, but they did exist--they even had their own dagger (albeit only about 6 exist in collections to this day).

Apparently, they were absorbed by the Bahnschutzpolizei in 1941, and therefor never transitioned to the new insignia:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...

The hat is a very rough wool, and shows much nap wear--this hat was worn hard, but is intact with no mothing or damage:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Reichsbahn-Wasserschutzpolizei Visor...  

Hat has the standard civil M-38 eagle, commonly worn by the DRB. It is not pinned thru the lining. Therefore, we can date this cap to the 1938-41 period.

Like most civil water-related visors (ie, customs, WSP) the top is non-removable, nor is the mohair wool band:

Side view of the band. Chinstrap is leather, buttons are the standard NCO type of the DRB. Visor is the common water-service bill (most often seen on KM NCO visors):

Interior. Nothing fancy, just a polished cotton lining and a leather sweatband:

Proof positive it is an issue Railway visor. (It is not private purchase, but would be obtained from the DRB Kleiderkasse).

The maker is M. Drechsler of Muenchen, on Dachauerstr--a competitor of the Muller firm:

Here is my equally spartan WSP visor for comparison (it is also NCO quality, but would be for a Meister, who would be allowed to wear the cords):

Here is a Railway Water Protection Police dagger (not mine, I believe its from Gottliebs site). These were all made by Eickhorn, and are in the Eickhorn catalog. They were all made in silver, although there is one gold prototype:

Anyway, if anyone has any more info on the DRB-WSP, or pics of uniforms in wear, I would love to see/hear more.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast