Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Displaying Visor's

Article about: What is the best way to Display your visor caps that also protect them from moisture/moths?

Default Displaying Visor's

What is the best way to Display your visor caps that also protect them from moisture/moths?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Displaying Visor's
    P
    Many

Default Re: Displaying Visor's

The important thing with any schirmmutze display is that the peak (visor) is not taking the weight of the cap, ie sitting on a shelf. In time this will weaken it. It needs to be supported on a proper head form.

Don't be tempted to use styrofoam heads. Over the long term these will outgas and damage any leather components.

I use glass heads inside a glass display case.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello Ade,

I thought I would lend some up to date information about styrofoam display heads. Styrofoam is one of hundreds of expandable foam products that have been made over the years.

The displays heads in use for the last several years are made from Ethafoam, a plastic expandable foam that is a recognized safe conservation material. I am involved in the manufacture
    of these displays heads for over twenty-five years supplying thousands of collectors and museum around the world. There has never been a problem with damage to any artifact reported.

Dave Webster, Webster Displays, USA

Hi

I make my own because a) I'm tight with my money and b) I've obviously got too much time on my hands!

There is another link somewhere about ways to display headgear as well, I think started by Morris.

cheers

Tony

Here are the results, cost per production piece is 47 pence................

Displaying Visor'sDisplaying Visor'sDisplaying Visor'sDisplaying Visor'sDisplaying Visor's

I found an easy and effective way for displaying peaked caps is get a hold of some plain fitted (non-adjustable) baseball caps. I'd usually go with black but anything will work really. Then on your shelf, just turn the ball cap's visor away to the back and prop your cap on top of it. It works like a charm. You get the right ball cap and it's sturdy and head shaped and keeps the peak of any cap elevated.

Quote by spandau View Post
    Here are the results, cost per production piece is 47 pence................

Displaying Visor'sDisplaying Visor'sDisplaying Visor'sDisplaying Visor'sDisplaying Visor's
    Well done.

I like good idea.
    chris