Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread

Article about: Rarest of the rare--a visor from the Hochseefahrdienst, or High Seas Ferry Service. Credit: The Late Robby Wilson Collection.

Another CW from the advanced collection of my friend, Rudi "the tiger":
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread   DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  

DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread   DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  

DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread
    P
    Many

?

Good thread guys.

Early M-41 DRB General by C. Louis Weber:
    (credit: kirk)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread   DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  

DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread   DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  

The official introduction photograph for the M-41:
    (credit: M. Aubin)
    Attached Images Attached Images DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread 

DRB Wintermutze:

Last edited by stonemint; 12-16-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Variation DRB Wintermutze by Otto Dittmann
    (Credit: M. Aubin):

DRB Schiffchen.
    Credit: Anzel

Last edited by stonemint; 02-09-2016 at 08:29 PM.

My first DRB

well it seems a lot of varieties are involved when it comes to reichsbahn visor caps.. this one seems to be the 'm35' type but it lacks the chincord. I tought it might have a chance of being original since there are a lot of different types .. maybe this is weimar era and reissued? Or damaged m35 without sturmrieme? I have to admit it's a bit messy to me since I don't collect reichsbahn (till now). I also get the feeling there is a lot of space for bad sellers to mess with original caps because there is not just 'one correct original type'. This one is unmarked so that makes it extra hard for me to put a date to it... Do m35 types come without chincord? I would just love to see period pictures of this cap, I might be a bit too extreme but I only call something legit when I've seen period photographical material. Perhaps anyone is able to help me out with this one?

It had a chincord and button--you can just make out the button hole.
    It could have had an M-27 eagle on it (hard to tell), but I would agree that it is early DRB (33-35).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast