Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread

Article about: Rarest of the rare--a visor from the Hochseefahrdienst, or High Seas Ferry Service. Credit: The Late Robby Wilson Collection.

Default DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread

This is a mint Deutsche Reichsbahn visor which was instituted in 1935.
    It is for an NCO, which, believe it or not, is rarer to find than an Officers, simply because so many were "promoted" after the war by unscrupulous dealers.

From 1935-1941, these hats only had piping above and below the black velvet band, and used a 35mm gold eagle. (The M-41 had red piping around the crown, a winged wreath, and a 55mm eagle).

This one is made by one of my favorite makers, Oskar Hertlein of Erlangen, and features the town's crest with an "H" in the middle, surmounted by a Wehrmacht Schirmmutze. They used a yellow wasserdicht top panel, and the sides are yellow brushed cotton. The hat is private purchase, and well padded. (The Reichsbahn Kleiderkasse visors usually were unlined).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread   DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  

DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread   DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  

DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread   DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread
    P
    Many

Default DRB White-Top Schirmmütze

This is a hat for a Reichsbahn employee of the 1941 form for the lowest pay group (as denoted by the leather chinstrap.) These are rarely seen, even in period pictures:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Default re: DRB White-Top Schirmmütze

The white-top is removable, but I have not tried to remove it, as it is on tight, and if I take it off, I am afraid I will never get it back on again.

Band is black velvet. However, the piping is a dark blue, used only for a limited time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread   DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  

Close-up of the dark blue piping--very hard to see:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread  

I believe the hat is French-made, based on my comparison with other French hats of the period. The hat has 2 sweatdiamonds, one on the lining, and one on the white-top (unmarked):

Only pic I know of one of these in wear:

Not mine, but this was once in the Wolfe-Hardin collection:
    Attached Images Attached Images DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread 
    Last edited by stonemint; 01-02-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Default Post Your Reichsbahn Headgear!

Looks like we do not have a thread dedicated to the headgear of the DRB, or Deutsches Reichsbahn. Post your DRB headgear here, whether visors, M-43's, schiffchens, as long as it is Railway related!

Here is my M-41 middle-ranks visor:

Default re: DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread

DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Threadgood idea

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Looks like we do not have a thread dedicated to the headgear of the DRB, or Deutsches Reichsbahn. Post your DRB headgear here, whether visors, M-43's, schiffchens, as long as it is Railway related!

Here is my M-41 middle-ranks visor:

Default re: DRB (Reichsbahn/Railways) Headgear Thread

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    I've always wanted to find some good original photos of these guys in use.
    A few may be found here: Bahnmuseum-Benneckenstein - http://www.bahnmuseum-benneckenstein.ag.vu/ - Uniformen vom Bahnschutz

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast