Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

DRK Red Cross Hat ( looking for more info)

Article about: Hey Guys, Just picked-up this DRK Red Cross Hat and was looking for any input and or comments on it. First of all I don’t think this is a repo but would still like to get another opinion fro

Default DRK Red Cross Hat ( looking for more info)

Hey Guys,
    Just picked-up this DRK Red Cross Hat and was looking for any input and or comments on it. First of all I don’t think this is a repo but would still like to get another opinion from you guys. Also can anybody give me any history on this hat? Like what year could this be? And would this be considered an Officers Hat ? What’s your thoughts are on the condition ? Are these rare or common? And last, about what would be a fare valve on this one ? I would appreciate any and all Help with this.
    Thanks, Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Red Cross Hat ( looking for more info)   DRK Red Cross Hat ( looking for more info)  

DRK Red Cross Hat ( looking for more info)   DRK Red Cross Hat ( looking for more info)  

DRK Red Cross Hat ( looking for more info)   DRK Red Cross Hat ( looking for more info)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Red Cross Hat ( looking for more info)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: DRK Red Cross Hat ( looking for more info)

Hi Dean, you have found a fine example of a Third Reich enlisted man's Red Cross schirmmeutzen with leather peak. We can be sure that it's not an Officers version due to the typical EM rusty orange waterproofed lining and leather chinstrap. I can't say for certain the date of manufacture.

I agree with Ben, good one. It is also a contract cap--they were unmarked. This one probably dates to 1935, and probably had the earlier insignia, and was then updated with the 1938 wreath/eagle.

Leather visors are rare.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks guys, sounds like good info. The hat came from a liquidation auction of a WW2 Museum in Buena Park, Ca. about seven to 10 years ago. (So the last owner tells me.) I paid $275 US for it. Is that a lot?
    Dean

?

Quote by dean427 View Post
    I paid $275 US for it. Is that a lot?
    It's so difficult to answer this kind of question. That was a reasonable price to pay IMO but don't expect to retire on the profits when it comes time to sell.

Understood………I love collecting anything Third Reich, and I'm not interested in selling, I just want to make sure I didn’t get Ripped-off.
    Thanks .........Dean

?

You didn't get ripped off. The next step is to learn all that you can and you'll never worry about getting ripped off ever again.

Great advise!!!!! …… that’s why I love this Forum……Thanks for all your help……..Dean