Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze

Article about: A teller form gray SS NCO visor cap worn by an early member of the SS-VT or SS-TV. The cap has evidence of having the 1929 national emblem mounted on it at one time. I would date this hat no

Default Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze

A teller form gray SS NCO visor cap worn by an early member of the SS-VT or SS-TV. The cap has evidence of having the 1929 national emblem mounted on it at one time. I would date this hat no later than 1934.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze   Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze

Insignia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze  
    BOB

RZM tag
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze   Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze  

BOB

Another treasure among your other treasures. What a cool cap!

?

Is that a velvet band or just glare in the photo? Any chance of a shot of the whole interior Bob? I'm not doubting it, just want to see.

Thanks for this important piece. If the Hersteller Nummer is indeed "2" as it appears to be, then it is from Adalbert Breiter, Munich, a firm which made many early SS caps and also which is still going strong in Bavaria as a maker of headwear.

I am going to Munich presently, but I do not have the guts to march into the Breiter outlet downtown there unbidden and ask to see their company records from the 1933-1945 era.

The locals can also be quite unfriendly if the spirit so moves them.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Is that a velvet band or just glare in the photo? Any chance of a shot of the whole interior Bob? I'm not doubting it, just want to see.
    Ben-
    The band is woven cotton, not velvet. Frankly, I hate pulling sweatbands up and down on 70+ year old caps. Too often, when I do that, I also hear threads popping. I will shoot another interior shot if you want but the seatband will be in place.
    BOB

a tag from the Fa. Breiter...in an SA cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze  

in an SS cap of early make....in this piece the Vertriebstelle is listed twice, one of which is the RZM.....why?

Thanks to Bob for posting his very rare cap.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early Gray SS NCO Schirmmütze 

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Ben-
    The band is woven cotton, not velvet. Frankly, I hate pulling sweatbands up and down on 70+ year old caps. Too often, when I do that, I also hear threads popping. I will shoot another interior shot if you want but the seatband will be in place.
    Bob, I just meant a photo of the whole cap from underneath, no need to pull the s-band up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast