Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Early Gray SS NCO Schirmutze

Article about: This is an early teller shaped gray SS NCO visor cap with early RZM markings. The Hersteller is #2. The cap originally had the 1929 pattern national emblem and jawless totenkopf. It has been

Default Early Gray SS NCO Schirmutze

This is an early teller shaped gray SS NCO visor cap with early RZM markings. The Hersteller is #2. The cap originally had the 1929 pattern national emblem and jawless totenkopf. It has been rebadged with the 1936 insignia.Early Gray SS NCO SchirmutzeEarly Gray SS NCO SchirmutzeEarly Gray SS NCO SchirmutzeEarly Gray SS NCO SchirmutzeEarly Gray SS NCO SchirmutzeEarly Gray SS NCO Schirmutze
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Gray SS NCO Schirmutze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Gray SS NCO Schirmutze

Good to see you posting again, Bob. Your Hersteller is Breiter (#2), who, like almost all the Muenchen makers, was a hi-quality maker.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Bob is a very respectable collector, with a great courtesy and knowledge, wonderful cap of course !

best
    Sebastien

That is a very nice hat.
    - Mack

?

wuenderschoen! I reckon f-b will comment tho the color is just slightly 'off' for him. thanks bob.

?

Bob,
    that is a top looking example. Would I be correct in thinking that it was period rebadged in order to look 'uniform' with other caps of the time (late 30's and into the war).
    Thanks for showing us.

Mark

Quote by Mark G View Post
    Bob,
    that is a top looking example. Would I be correct in thinking that it was period rebadged in order to look 'uniform' with other caps of the time (late 30's and into the war).
    Thanks for showing us.

Mark
    You are correct. However, this would have been done per order and not just to look uniform. I believe a period of 18 months was given to upgrade. New insignia was far more reasonable than purchasing a new cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Always a pleasure to see hats in your collection Bob. Would love to see more if you are willing?

The cost of these badges these days are ludicrous when you compare to the prices of the period.

The hand embroidered insignia were costly and with good reason but are not really appreciated these days, especially the Heer versions.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early Gray SS NCO Schirmutze