Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early SS visor cap

Article about: A visor cap circa 1931-33 for an other ranks member of the SS It is unmarked with a soft leather visor

Default Early SS visor cap

A visor cap circa 1931-33 for an other ranks member of the SS
    It is unmarked with a soft leather visor
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS visor cap   Early SS visor cap  

Early SS visor cap  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS visor cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Early SS visor cap

Interesting variation with army scull if originally applied.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    A visor cap circa 1931-33 for an other ranks member of the SS
    It is unmarked with a soft leather visor

This Totenkopf is one of several types handed down from the imperial period and used on SS regalia. This cap is a striking piece, which some collectors eschew because of the lack of stamps, tags, &c. (that is, "not textbook...") However, I find this piece especially desirable because of its early make and general appearance. The Coleman collection is a source of great benefit to us all, because of its owner's generosity and his willingness to let us see so many extraordinary examples of regalia of the NSDAP and its branches.

What the average collector assumes as being "text book" (no such term existed in the III. Reich in this context...) came into existence later in 1934 with the introduction of SS clothing regulations as distinct from those of the SA and the rise of the system of marking material with the RFSS befohlene Ausfuehrung tags and such. The SS also changed its administrative relationship with the RZM and created within the Verwaltungsamt SS an organic clothing and equipment infrastructure, one expression of which was the system of stamps, tags, &c.

?

Looks great, unmark is OK, don't forget all copies are marked.. nice one!

Nice again Bob thanks

Early SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capfoetid woolens

Nice cap Bob, I'm glad this has been brought to the top again! I think the Totenkopf attached is the same kind as this one I have here. I'd like to see a close-up of the one on your cap, but from what I can see they seem to match up. I still don't know the original use of this specific variety, if it even had one.

Thanks for sharing this.

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early SS visor cap  

Early SS visor capIf I am not mistaken, the cap in the Coleman collection ca. 2008 has changed hands. The piece here was in the Hayes book of 1996.

The Hussaren Totenkopf appears in at least ten variants, and perhaps more. Robin Lumsden pays closest attention to these items.

very nice cap Bob looks stunning and Friedrich your collection astounds me it is beutiful

tom

Early SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capEarly SS visor capThanks. Foetid woolens all the same.