Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Early SS VT Schirmmütze

Article about: Yes it does go for big money but I didn't pay that amount, but the dealer is very well known and one myself and others never felt you had to question, this is the first time , I'm Taking you

Default re: Early SS VT Schirmmütze

Yes it does go for big money but I didn't pay that amount, but the dealer is very well known and one myself and others never felt you had to question, this is the first time , I'm
    Taking your advise and having someone look at this for me , thx for your help this is one field you never stop learning , and thank to ppl and sites like this you get a hand doing so, enjoy your weekend Ben I let you know the outcome Pete

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS VT Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Early SS VT SchirmmützeEarly SS VT SchirmmützeWe have to ask our Mr. d'Alquen or our Wim Saris as to the idea of an "early SS VT" grey enlisted cap. That is, the time exactly in which such an item existed. Here is an SSTV image whereby the officers have grey caps, but an NCO is wearing a black cap. This image is from 1937. Mollo says, does he not, that the field grey peaked cap for other ranks, etc. was introduced in 1939.

- - Updated - -

The SSTV and the SSVT were two different entities within the SS.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-28-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Early SS VT SchirmmützeEarly SS VT SchirmmützeThis cap appears to have an inventory and or price list tag from 1935...? This tag is from another cap of mine, but the grey one has a similar tag.

Such tags are still in use in Austria for inventory and price lists in cap stores, actually.

I'd like to thank everyone for there input about this hat I was able to return to dealer with somemore knowledge under my belt when asked why I was returning, thank you all very much

?

I would humbly suggest that we have to be a lot more knowledgeable than the dealers we're buying from to be successful in navigating the collecting oceans.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3