Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Early TR Art’y Crusher

Article about: A beauty named to Kreppel....possibly one of Hans old caps? All critique and opinions welcome. Robt. Ps.... sorry for side ways pix.... all were straight from my camera. Forum glich? Please

?

Default Early TR Art’y Crusher

A beauty named to Kreppel....possibly one of Hans old caps? All critique and opinions welcome.

Robt.
    Ps.... sorry for side ways pix.... all were straight from my camera. Forum glich? Please advise as to how to correct, thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early TR Art’y Crusher   Early TR Art’y Crusher  

Early TR Art’y Crusher   Early TR Art’y Crusher  

Early TR Art’y Crusher  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early TR Art’y Crusher
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Down load the photos to your PC. Rotate and then upload. Cell phones, especially iPhones are notorious for this issue.

Always wanted a crusher myself. Is that a breast eagle on the visor?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

No, flat wire crusher cap eagle....ca. 1935

Robt.

I have the same rotation issue via my real camera too!! my fix is to (windows 10) open with Paint 3D and save, not ideal but it's a forum change issue. Great crusher by the way!

Nice lid showing true wear and character--these early ones are a b*tch to find, congrats....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

I'll have a try: (interesting fabric BTW, some lightweight gaberdine, even used for the centerband)

Early TR Art’y Crusher

Early TR Art’y Crusher

Early TR Art’y Crusher

Early TR Art’y Crusher

Early TR Art’y Crusher

?

Thanks for the reallignment! To me the fabric is more like a worsted than a gab.

Robt.

?

Hello RGD51,

the names for the different fabrics is something that has haunted me for quite some time. As far as I know one of the few and one of the first who has treated this subject is Gary Wilkins in his book "The collector's guide ....." where he tries to clear up some of the confusion. I have just re-read the chapter about fabrics and found out that what we here call Trikot is called gabardine in the US. (Let's spare Doeskin, Eskimo etc. at the moment).

Worsted is Kammgarn in German, meaning it is a yarn, this yarn then can be woven and the results are the different fabrics - Trikot, Gabardine etc.

When I wrote about gabardine I meant the fabric with the thin lines contrary to Trikot with the thick and thin lines (for all those who are meanwhile as confused as me myself, please see here: Types Materials for SS Visor Hats ).

This thread explains it best with the pictures provided.

Apart from all the fabric-issues the cap really is a beauty, congrats!

?

Thanks for your input, yes, the terminology used on the two continents can get hairy. Here in the states our gab is a fine ribbed woolen with a soft drape or hand not scratchy and can get shiney with excessive wear. Although my pix may not depict it, the wool of this cap leans towards the scratchy side and may be getting threadbare overall from long use. Kreppel did like his hair product!

Robt.

cracker, very hard to find these caps. Congratulations on a nice addition to any collection.

cheers

Tony