Einheiltsfeldmutze or Stahlhelm?

Article about: At the end of the war,was the Einheiltsfeldmutze worn more than the Stahlhelm in battle?

Default Einheiltsfeldmutze or Stahlhelm?

At the end of the war,was the Einheiltsfeldmutze worn more than the Stahlhelm in battle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I would think a helmet would be worn if at all possible , many photos show Volkssturm wearing captured foreign or obsolete helmets . I would imagine you'd try to get something on your head and quick if you were in Berlin in 45 . Upon capture your helmet and belt order were removed , being considered weapons .
    Cheers Chris

Thank you CBH

See this thread for the types of headgear being worn at the time of captivity:

Headgear Worn at the Time of Immediate Captivity

A former member of the Charlemagne Division (who never served with the Sturmbrigade Frankreich or the L.V.F.) told me once that he received a steel helmet when he joined the training unit, but was never issued with a steel helmet when he reached his combat unit. He had an Einheitsfeldmütze...
    "I didn't use any weapon in combat during the war, but i killed hundreds, perhaps thousands of men...they're now at the bottom of the sea"
    Walter Borg (ex-MI6) Agent and radio operator in Malta, Tunisia and Italy between 1941 and 1945. Arrested twice, tortured twice, escaped twice, survived the war...

"The future torments us, the past holds us, that is why the present escapes us."
    Gustave Flaubert

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)